Time for detecting again.

Raccoon

Apr 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I won a bike in the charity auction at Rose Bowl a few weeks ago. It's a like-new Schwinn Stingray Orange County Choppers bike, with a big wide back wheel. I went to pedal it to Tulsa Scooters to get the brake adjusted. By the time I got back home, I was exhausted. That's a four block round trip. In 1958, I pedaled a Schwinn all the way to Killeen, Texas, so I found today's experience really disappointing. I was 21 then and I'm 72 now, but still...

So, I reckon it's time to get out from in front of this monitor and get active again. I put new batteries in the White's Spectrum XLT and spent an hour in a neighbor's back yard. Found a nice silver quarter and the usual junk, plumbing parts, etc.

I have been reading here and other Oklahoma Treasure sites and I'm planning to get out of town and hit some of the old abandoned towns around here. I'm having a motor put on the bike. :)

-Rock

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
keep us updated.... lota history up there in northern oklahoma...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions