Oct 17, 2010
Southeastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Garrett AT-Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am pretty green at detecting. I have a whites prisma III detector and have hit the local school yard, baseball field, and a local beach at a small local lake...everything I've found is newer coins. I was wondering if anyone could suggest sites where older coins could be found. Thanks !Oh hey i even took a picture of my treasures! they are all newer coins the oldest is a 1959 penny. (missed the wheat) but anyway here they are.

Attachments

• 4.36 in clads and junk.jpg
    4.36 in clads and junk.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 425
OP
OP
Freak on a Lesche

Freak on a Lesche

Oct 17, 2010
Southeastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Garrett AT-Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey! Just a cool note, after doing a little research I have found that the butterfield overland mail route runs right through my county and that dates back to 1857!!! awesome!!!! I have also located at least one of the stage coach stops...now I am trying to get a map....Still open to suggestions!!!

OP
OP
Freak on a Lesche

Freak on a Lesche

Oct 17, 2010
Southeastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Garrett AT-Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Lord! I just found out there was a civil war battle fought right in my home county....and the kicker is the exact location of the battlefield is not known! This research stuff is fun!

OP
OP
Freak on a Lesche

Freak on a Lesche

Oct 17, 2010
Southeastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Garrett AT-Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK lesson learned......just because a couple of websites say the battle field location is unknown doesn't make it so. Upon further research I have learned it was recorded into the National Register Properties in 1971. Crud...

OP
OP
Freak on a Lesche

Freak on a Lesche

Oct 17, 2010
Southeastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Garrett AT-Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yellowhouse I think we are really close. I Live right off of dickerson st here in Atoka. Do you go to McGee Creek to hunt the swimming hole? I went this morning (cold) and found $1.18 in new coins and some trash.

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
in ref to the local park go as far west as u dare in into the woods. maybe 20yrds at the most, kinda straight west of the old pumpkin turn ur machine to coin only and slow down pay careful attention to silver signals You might be surprised....but there is trash. :)
watch out at the lake beach, rangers might say something. i got permission from one and run off from the other. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread