Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Oct 2010
    Southeastern Oklahoma
    Minelab E-Trac Garrett AT-Pro Garrett Pro Pointer
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Open to suggestions

I am pretty green at detecting. I have a whites prisma III detector and have hit the local school yard, baseball field, and a local beach at a small local lake...everything I've found is newer coins. I was wondering if anyone could suggest sites where older coins could be found. Thanks !Oh hey i even took a picture of my treasures! they are all newer coins the oldest is a 1959 penny. (missed the wheat) but anyway here they are.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.36 in clads and junk.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	463589  

us
    Oct 2010
    Southeastern Oklahoma

Re: Open to suggestions

Hey! Just a cool note, after doing a little research I have found that the butterfield overland mail route runs right through my county and that dates back to 1857!!! awesome!!!! I have also located at least one of the stage coach stops...now I am trying to get a map....Still open to suggestions!!!

us
    Oct 2010
    Southeastern Oklahoma

Good Lord! I just found out there was a civil war battle fought right in my home county....and the kicker is the exact location of the battlefield is not known! This research stuff is fun!

us
    Oct 2010
    Southeastern Oklahoma

OK lesson learned......just because a couple of websites say the battle field location is unknown doesn't make it so. Upon further research I have learned it was recorded into the National Register Properties in 1971. Crud...

us
    Jun 2009
    South Central Oklahoma
    Prizm IV; MXT; Ace 250

Your reference to the Stage line and the Battlefield kinda of clicked. I think you only live a few miles from me. Sent ya a PM.

us
    Oct 2010
    Southeastern Oklahoma

Yellowhouse I think we are really close. I Live right off of dickerson st here in Atoka. Do you go to McGee Creek to hunt the swimming hole? I went this morning (cold) and found $1.18 in new coins and some trash.

us
    30 years in this addicting hobby.

Jan 2007
    Oklahoma
    CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus. USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
    205 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (2)

in ref to the local park go as far west as u dare in into the woods. maybe 20yrds at the most, kinda straight west of the old pumpkin turn ur machine to coin only and slow down pay careful attention to silver signals You might be surprised....but there is trash.
    watch out at the lake beach, rangers might say something. i got permission from one and run off from the other. lol

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links