Check your Change especially now.

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As you fellow Okies know, any coin before 1900 found in Okla. is rare. I always hoped that when some Indian got off his horse to open a gate, that a few coins would fall out of his pockets along with some arrow heads. I've looked around gates and cattle guards for years and haven't found anything yet. Do you think I am doing something wrong?
Anyhoo, the wife got this IH in change at the local stop & go. You can't tell by the photo, but it is "new shinny." Had to came out of Gramps coin collection.
Another subject. I sold most of my scrap gold and silver coins last Saturday. $1620.About half gold and half silver coin and jewelry. I didn't go through the coins since they had all been dug. Check your change.

Attachments

• IH Reverse.jpg
    IH Reverse.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 504
  • IH 1900.jpg
    IH 1900.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 486
OP
OP
kenley

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your not being rude, your just showing that you don't grasp absurd humor. Indians didn't even have pockets, let alone coins and arrowheads in them.

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I got your humor, and thought it was quite funny, wife just looked at me, wondering what I was laughing about. That was a nice Indian you found, was he shopping at the local store?

OP
OP
kenley

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Local "convience" store. She showed it to me the day after. If I had found it, I would have gone back in and tried to get $5.00 in car wash money. Probably some neat coins in that cash drawer.
I was beginning to think the zombies had taken over.

kblackphoto

Nov 17, 2009
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
nokta makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool coin! how much is something like that worth? I have already gone through all the change in the car, jars, and scattered in the house trying to find something of value- i found only a wheat penny through all that change- I did this last year and about 10 months ago- so im always on the lookout. Ill have to look at the more recent change weve acquired from around here. LOL I did not know that was a joke- I was about to go out and detect around the many farm gates we have around here! Ive been wanting to find a place worth hunting and Ive only found a penny and I dont know how much tin foil. Im new at this and was hoping there would be more treasuer where i live! There is an old grave yard from the 1800's down the street- ive just detected around it but had no luck.

OP
OP
kenley

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome. I don't have any idea what kind of area you live in, but I was fortunite to be rural when I started 30 plus yrs ago. Old school yards and church picnic groves were around every corner and bottle caps were the plague, not pull tabs. I guess my most consistant hits was under clothes lines. Don't even see clothes lines anymore. A dime at 3 inches was bragging material with those old machines. I still have my first. D-Tex "Professional" with both coils.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found two Indians on my grandparents places around the gate. Talk about excited!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread