Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
naturegirl said:
Yep, I'll be coming for a visit soon :laughing9:
Me too! :laughing7: Just kidding---Looks like you've got a good place to be detecting, Buckshot. I can't tell what the first name is? Mar?
Did you know Franklin Revard(married to Romanzy) was an Indian Policeman? http://redoaktree.org/family/photos/t1395.htm We've been doing some research on an old site we just found and think it might have belonged to the Revard family at one time-----The Revards have a lot of history here in the Osage.

That watch fob you found is such a great link to the past---I love finding something with someone's name on it!! Way Cool!!!!

:hello: Carmon

OP
OP
buckshot

buckshot

Mar 31, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Hey Carmon, The first name is Mark. I checked the link and believe it is Mark S. even though the fob is not inscribed as such b.1888-d.1946? WW1 vet. and an alotee. Yes, it is interesting to find items of local interest and then do the "history detective" searches for info. Thanks...

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Hi all!! For those interested, or those who can maybe help, here is new info on this little treasure. Buckshot and I did some more detecting in this yard and found a Manchu insignia,http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/todays-finds/290746-9th-infantry-regiment.html, and in researching THAT, it rasied questions on this piece, wondering if the same man had dropped them. With online research we found Revards tombstone, a military one with the letters and numbers 111 AM TN 36 DIV. We found that meant he served with the 36th out of Texas in WWI. It was formed of oklahoma and Texas National Guard, and the AM TN meant ammunition train. COOL!!! Served in France, there are detailed accounts of the 36th's service online. We got to thinking maybe this isn't a fob, but a medal or badge. In researching mottos of WWI, it seems each little group had it's own motto, but we can't find one specifically for the Ammo Train(He was a sargent), but "safety first" would certainly fit with that service. After the war we have read he was an engineer, but we don't know what kind and think maybe now, it means train engineer. Another question, and one we're hoping tnetters can help with, is the mark on the fob/medal. At first I thought it was a military emblem, but now I wonder if it's a hallmark for the manufacturer of the fob/medal? Included is a close-up, and if anyone would like to sharte thier take on what it is, that would be very welcome!! I see a circle, with crossed branches? and what is that in the center? I've found a cool link to WWI manufacturers of medal, but no images,https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=126099970559 ammo train tag.png

sorry for long-winded, but it's been fun trying to track this down!! a military badge of some sort would be better than a fob, but the personal connection is just too cool! Thanks for any help!!!

naturegirl

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Buckshot----Found a little more information on Mark Revard----this is out of the 1938 Pawhuska Oklahoma Con Survey (phone book). It looks like he was living with his parents Franklin & Romanzy at 630 Grandview at the time. And he worked at the State Shoe Store(113 West Main) with Roy Branaman. Here's a couple of scans of the pages: Mark Revard (800x581).jpg Scan from old Pawhuska phonebook (800x581).jpg

Do you have an Osage County Profiles Book? There is more information on the Revard family in that too(let me know if you don't have that book and I'll scan the pages for you!). In the Osage County Profiles book it just says Mark was a veteran of WWI and proceeded his parents in death. He had 5 children(Mark Jr., Winona, George, Franklin, Robert)
I am still looking for the little symbol Lisa posted above---I know I've seen that somewhere in one of my antique books. If I find it, I'll let y'all know! So much cool history connected with this little fob/badge---I bet its a Military medal of some sort.

Carmon

Last edited:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation!

OP
OP
buckshot

buckshot

Mar 31, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Hey, back to you Carmon! Have gotten some good suggestions in the "What Is It" forum as to where the motto "Safety First" and that design element/insignia mark at the bottom may have originated. Will have to look into early automobilia.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/290920-safety-first-1919-personalized-fob-tag.html No, I don't have the OCP book. Just searching and finding out about the person and history associateed with this small item hs been a very good read.
Thanks for the phonebook info, gives piece some more downhome history and personality.

buckshot

OP
OP
buckshot

buckshot

Mar 31, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Thanks for checking out the post. hamiddetecting....

Last edited:

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Buckshot---I was doing some more research on the Revard family the other day and came across this picture. (Don't know if you've seen this one or not?) I thought I would post it for you....its so neat to put a "face" with the person who owned your fob/metal.
Franklin Revard Family - Copy.JPG
Franklin Revard Family.JPG

OP
OP
buckshot

buckshot

Mar 31, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Carmon, I had not seen this photograph. Thanks again for adding the additional info and pic. Very neat!

gazmuth

Jun 16, 2012
North Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garret GTX 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just a thought here, I work in a refinery and we have "engineers" (mechanical, chemical and civil) as do all the oil well drillers, and there were a lot of those companies during the early 1900's here in Oklahoma, especially the middle to northern part of the state (where Pawhuska is located). While the emblem isn't a Conoco, Phillips 66 or Marland Oil emblem, it well could be from something like "Mobil Oil" With their "Pegasus" flying horse (but can't find anything from Mobil Oil that looks like that). But when the refineries made something for airplanes (although 1919 was early in the flight business) they loved to put 'wings' on their emblems. Just another avenue to venture down through......

Revards

Jun 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was my grandfather's ... we are Osages from Pawhuska. My name is Mark Revard, too. I will pay to bring this home to our family. It would mean the world to the Osage Tribe!!! Thank you!

Revard67

Jun 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am married to Mark Revard ... this belonged to his grandfather. I would love to buy it back and bring it home. They are Osages from Pawhuska. Please help!!!!

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin Revard is my great grandfather, is this post still active??
This post is still active but it looks like the finder of this fob has not been active for many years. I would suggest you copy the photo and start a post looking for Buck shot. Some people change their screen name and start reposting. This may be the case and you might get a hit. Good luck to you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread