Pre judging delays great spot

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew "about" the owners of a certain spot I have wanted to try for a long time, they are very eccentric and I figured they would not be up for someone detecting there property. Well I was a fool, and the pictures are of one day just randomly walking about, no gridding out yet, the coins came from everywhere on this few acre site, so my work is cut out once I start to grid, I don't mind.

ForumRunner_20121106_141220.png

ForumRunner_20121106_141234.png

ForumRunner_20121106_141247.png

OP
OP
H

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Day 2...(2) 44 nickels and (1) 45. A disapointing surprise with some clad, but it does get bushogged every now and then they lose coins to. 2 rosies and another merc...and of course more Wheaties, one costume something.

ForumRunner_20121107_125936.png

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not disappointing to me, I love sites that have not been md'd.

OP
OP
H

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know, don't get me wrong...i got spoiled while every good target was a "good" target...the settings I have to use and the ground conditions have dimes and quarters reading silver numbers on the CTX. Granted I dig it all anyway, but up until today silver numbers were silver.

L

lost hunter

WTG seems to be a great spot you found

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
H

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG seems to be a great spot you found

Yeah I'm pretty excited..I got into the coin hunting end of the hobby late, was always more a relic hunter. So I've picked a few silvers here and there but always the leftovers of a "hunted out" site..this is the first spot of this nature where I am the first and get to have some real fun. This site obviously has some "industrial" history as well so I get to feed the relic appetite as well.

L

lost hunter

Hosensack said:
Yeah I'm pretty excited..I got into the coin hunting end of the hobby late, was always more a relic hunter. So I've picked a few silvers here and there but always the leftovers of a "hunted out" site..this is the first spot of this nature where I am the first and get to have some real fun. This site obviously has some "industrial" history as well so I get to feed the relic appetite as well.

I see your using the CTX How did the F75 with the 15" coil work out ? Have a guy that's wants to trade a Safari for mine. Don't think so

OP
OP
H

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In good soil and using boost the F75 is deeper a lot deeper, with not good soil maybe a bit with the 15"...the CTX and Explorer models just lock on much nicer, and leave less doubt...I use the F75 as a follow up if the targets have been really deep, the grass is pretty high so I may use it earlier in a few of the areas where the coil is way off the ground due to grass height. But this soil isn't particularly good and the targets have been well within the CTX reach.

Additionally the Boost mode is not ideal for average hunting(target ID) it is more of an additional feature to be used where applicable. I have the luxury of using both, and use them interchangeably when the situation warrants.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The funny thing about this spot is all 3 days now I have found (1) lipstick and (1) jewelry item...day 3 the jewelry was a Sterling Mary pendant so that was by far the best of the 3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread