Ft. Robinson Perry County

RushinPA

Mar 11, 2010
Gardners, PA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, F-75
Hope the attachment works. Years ago (2010) I was assisting amateur archeologists in their attempt to locate Ft. Robinson, in rural Perry County. I would MD and set pin flags on targets for recovery. Some targets I would recover myself. One find in particular was a lead ingot, approximately 3 inches long, triangular crossection. The ingot had an "X" scribed on it, perhaps for a weight/value. You can make this out in the pdf photo. We deduced that the lead was poured out in a mold, and cut to lengths for sale. I'd like to thank Victor Hart for recovering the photo. This could be the oldest item I have recovered to date.

Mr. Hart was not sure on the actual location of the fort. He now is planning a fall search in another spot. I tend to believe it was on this spot.

Attachments

• Lead Ingot.pdf
    216.1 KB · Views: 101

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been there,,,not detecting but trout fishing,,, and it was GREAT !!
We nailed a pile of Brookies and a couple bows on dace minnies.

The roadside plaque for the fort is there,,, and the SUPPOSED location is there but to my knowledge there has not been anything found to really say definitively that this is the location of that fort.
The spot where the plaque is would be a natural location though for it. On a hill overlooking the stream,,, I believe if I remember correctly there is a later period mill right upstream too.

BTW RUSHINPA,,,, I live right near you,, probably within a couple miles,,
PM me sometime,,, we may even know each other or have people in common.
Hit

kromar3336

Mar 15, 2015
Pgh Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a lot of fun. MDing and discovering history.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions