Denton Texas area

Astrobuck

Apr 6, 2010
Hi! I have been metal detecting for YEARS, but was out of it for a while due to unfortunate circumstances (Stolen metal detector and a divorce years later).

Anyway, I live in the Denton Texas area and just bought a metal detector. I am semi-new to the area so I was wondering if anyone can help me find good places to metal detect. I know some of the common sense things like asking permission before going on private property, etc.

Can anyone help me find a good location to metal detect? I was looking at a "Ghost Town" called Spanish Fort not too terribly far from here...does anyone know of this place??

Sorry for the wordiness....

maxwellman

Aug 21, 2011
Silenthunter said:
Spanish Fort is located in Montague County, maybe we can get a few folks together and go hunt the area.
Did you guys ever link up for a metal detecting trip to Montague? I'm from Aubrey, part of denton county, tx

jetdocx

Tenderfoot
Aug 3, 2005
I live in Corinth in Denton County. New to detecting but willing to hook up and learn with you all.

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
I know this is an older post but y'll might go to Boliver, just west of sanger...it used to be a rip roaring town according to the locals I knew. had a couple saloons and a nice sized hotel form the stories, then the railroad went to sanger and it died. If you go west on fm 455, go to the next stop sign, stop at the corner store and ask in there

Mar 7, 2015
Krum, Tx
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detecting in Denton TX

It appears to have been a while since the last posting about detecting in the Denton county area. I'm not new to treasure hunting but new to Denton. Is there anyone in or near this area still hunting? A Denton county detecting club perhaps? I would like to hook up with someone familiar to the Denton and surrounding area.

Thanks in advance,
David

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 - 900 and Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
David, take a look at Coinshootingonline.com and ck out Esko, I believe he lives in Denton and there are many others on that site that detect the area.

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm in Plano but generally head into Denton and other counties in the area. Somebody mentioned Spanish Fort? FYI-the school is private property now! I can get in but haven't gone there in a few years.

sayno2thugs

Feb 4, 2016
Denton County
Detector(s) used
Garrett AP PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt in Denton County and the surrounding areas. Just got back in to prospecting to teach my son. I have lived here my whole life and my family for a couple hundred years.

BigFind

Feb 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Denton County and would like to have someone to metal detect with. I also get my 12 year old son to come along sometimes.
You can contact me Mark 214-842-9232

beachcomer

Tenderfoot
Dec 14, 2014
Shady Creek RV, Aubrey TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Tosoro(new)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Retired in Motorcoach off of 380

Did you guys ever link up for a metal detecting trip to Montague? I'm from Aubrey, part of denton county, tx

I would like to link up with some hunters in the area. Moved here from Bryan (Aggie Land)
I have two detectors. One is a tasoro and the other is a garret

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Let's all get out and hunt~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread