Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was out at a Tot-lot the other day,when I looked up & saw the school policeman looking my way,so I put my head down & kept swinging ,about 10 minutes later i see a shadow in front of me & stop & look up.He tells me that someone called and said I was destroying the play ground,I asked him to look around to see if he could tell where I was digging,he looked but couldn't find anything,so he starts to ask me about my MD,and how much I like it,etc,etc. So I show him how the Ace 250 works ,& tell him the price & how it's made right here in Texas.He even asks me if he was to buy one,if I could be his MD buddy,wow!! ,I didn't see that coming.I told him sure,gave him my number and he gave me his.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job. Now you can hunt at the schools with no problem.
I was taught a long time ago that you can usually get more with honey than you can with vinegar.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Dude, you're in Austin. The cops only care about one thing, SPEEDERS on IH35. By the way, go check out the high schools. Old Austin High, Crockett, Travis. Been around awhile, lots of open areas...

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif
Finally, a story with a happy ending Produce Guy.

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 - 900 and Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me the cop was doing what he is supposed to do, check out a 'complaint'! And he did it with great common sense, judgment, and professionalism. I have had 4 or 5 time in the last 3 years where some person felt I should not be doing what I was doing, ie., digging in a park, a city easement, or demo site. On three of those occasions either a Constable, Houston PD or Park Ranger showed up to check out my 'destruction' of the area. Each time they had the exact same response. "I cant see where there is anything being harmed! Have a great day!" And they almost always asked what I had found. I also hunt about 90% of the time with a retired HPD officer who can drop a lot of names. lol One of the preemptive things I do is stop by the local school police offices each year, leave a copy of my drivers license, question if there are any regs or rules against hunting on the school grounds, and tell them to call me if there is any issue of any sort. Also, Austin City politics is getting to be like San Francisco! Maybe we need a total re-thinking of that situation.

OP
OP
Produce Guy

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was at another tot lot on Sunday evening and had a lady there with some kids who told me that she was gonna call the cops on me because of all the holes I made in the tot lot? I was puzzled & asked her where are these holes?,so she takes me over to the other side and sure enough there's some random holes,but as I looked closer i could see that they were dug by an Armadillo and not a shovel.I show her how I dig my holes vs. the holes that we found, I look a little closer and noticed that next to every hole is a small insect shell.She gives me one of those looks that I'm sure we all have gotten before.A little while later I'm on my side digging & her and her kids are on the other side of the tot lot and I dig a hole and find a huge Grub-worm,armadillo bait!,I walk over & show her,her and the kids freak out.So as she's about to leave her husband pulls up with icecream(for the kids & not me),she calls him over to see the grub worm and all of the holes,& he says "that looks like an Armadillo has been digging here",Mmmmmm...........

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats funny..I had a Princpal to a School do the same thign to me....first was concerned about me digging on the ballfield..and i showed him how clean the plugs were..then it was 20 mins of detector talk..lol..Not to mention how he knew about a place in Mexico LOADED in Silver (Which is about the 10th person who told me that)

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Squirrels and 'dillers do more damage than I do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread