recent bling

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sniffing out the silver between pulltabs. Swastika ring very old judging by the engraved cursive script. Engraved " Greda" . Creepy ring. Just hope it was made with new silver. Not recycled silver if you know what I mean.

bling.jpg

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the 925!

MLively

Jan 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mite do some research on the area that you found your ring. Before the Nazi times, the swastika meant good health and good wealth. I recently saw some old heaters with swastikas on it and immediately thought Nazi. But after curiosity hit me, I looked it up on the web. Silver is silver and if it creeps you out then sell it, in sure there's people out there looking for such items.

Proud to be a Texan!

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 - 900 and Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The items with the swatiska on them are becoming collector items as after WW2 most of them were melted down and or destroyed. Especially the Nazi coins. As stated above the original, several thousand years old, symbol was for good luck.

L

l2hunt

love finding silver, quite the ring, would love to know the history behind that.

Texas Kid

Jun 4, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
gazrret & bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another note is, the so called swastika was used hundreds of years before the Nazis as a symbol of the "four winds" . Very common in the Plains Indian and Navajo cultures.

MLively

Jan 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another forum pointed out (and I took note) that if it is laid out square like the above coca cola one, then it's not nazi related but if it stands on a point like the ring then it is nazi related. No expert, but I thought I would relay the info I learned

Proud to be a Texan!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions