Well that was weird...but what a Nitro!

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I was very excited to get permission to hunt a new place today! It's an old farmhouse, probably built in the 40's or 50's, and I just know hordes of silver coins await! Well since I was on limited time, I decided to hit the area around a massive old tree, the clothesline and the walk. I was just thinking the area by the tree seemed too clean (the rest of the place is solid trash) when the T2 gave an overload signal. I don't remember the ID but the idea of a buried cache popped into my head instantly. Digging down with my trowel I hit a large, smooth metal surface as expected, although too smooth for a rusted piece of iron. Hmmm. Dug out some dirt and I instantly recognized the end of an ammo can handle on the lid! This is looking gooood....! I stopped and set up my phone to film everything and proceeded to dig it out. Sure enough, an intact ammo can in the hole!! I kinda thought it was light as I pulled it out, and told myself not to get excited, probably empty or full of army men or something. Imagine my reaction when I opened the lid and saw MONEY!! A few dollar bills and some coins along with a folded up peice of paper. The rest of the can had some white batting material wrapping something up. Oh man. I picked up the first wad of batting and opened it up... WHAT!?? A dead bird was in it!! The rest of the can was empty aside from the batting. Talk about a letdown. I counted the money, all 4 dollars of it, tried to read the note but it was too wet (ammo cans will leak), then just put it all back in and reburied it. Dang. So close.

image-4094179308.jpg

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great find! I wish I could run across a hoard of money! Keep swinging for more great finds!

OP
OP
pyledriver

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You bet I will! Gonna try to go back for an hour today. This time armed with the 5" DD coil for the T2 and the 5x8 on the AT. Gonna do some comparisons and might even post a vid on YouTube. Don't wanna start any range wars but there should be some interesting results between these two on this ultra trashy site!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions