Saturday morning hunt with the new F75

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 - 900 and Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the CTX3030 and have been quite successful with it on coin hunting. But, on some of the demo lots I hunt I really struggle, well everyone struggles, and I wanted to see if I could get some sort of edge on some of the guys I hunt with. One fellow Byron, with 30+ years of detecting, often grabs a Fisher F5 when we hunt those lots. So, I talked with Wayne of Metal Detecting Stuff and bought a Fisher F75. Traded in my E-trac, which still has some warranty left on it and is a great machine. What I wanted was something that had the ability to go deep and pick out the silver. Something different from the CTX and E-trac. Well, picked it up yesterday about 2pm and at home did some basic turn it on, read the book, watch Youtube videos, etc. Today I took it out and used the setting Wayne suggested. First coin was a nickel, and about an hour later and 40 or so coins, I dug a 44 Walker, then the Merc, then the Rosie. It was outstanding and I think I will really like the F75! The yellow toy truck is about 15" long. Rang up as a quarter and was about a foot deep.
IMG_1025.JPG IMG_1027.JPG IMG_1030.JPG IMG_1032.JPG

Jdubbya74

Jan 6, 2014
Denton County Tx
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude you are on a silver finding frenzy! So awesome to see your finds. Hoping to get on a roll like you are on real soon!

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got a new Fisher F75 SE a few days ago. Took it out for approx 2 hours dodging the rain. I have been using a Garrett AT PRO this year...This detector is night and day better than the AT PRO. Wheat, Parts of a pocket watch and a Sterling Silver wedding band...

Silver wedding band 2014.jpg silver wedding band 2.jpg medford finds 2014.jpg medford finds 2  2014.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread