No lost coins in Texas

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a Texan now living out west in California. I started metal detecting and treasure hunting in Texas and I know of some really good places to hunt. I will be heading down that way to visit my uncle soon and plan on cleaning the places out. I know the last time I was down there I was finding a lot of coins. Hell one day I found 3 silvers laying right on top of the ground in the woods that I hunt. I don't think anyone else ever detects those woods so who know what's there.

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mucho dinero in texas

dustbuster

Nov 10, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Darn! Sorry to hear no more coins to be found in Texas. I dropped off the wagon for about a year and was thinking about firing up the Garrett again. I always check Tnet and the Texas section to get fired up. Hope this isn't the end of the road for all Texas treasure enthusiast.

dr-quest

Feb 25, 2007
Nova Scotia Canada
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold, Whites XLT,Tesoro Stingray ll,Whites Surfmaster ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep nothing in Nova Scotia either :tongue3:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on finding the last few silver coins in Texas! Stay out of Mississippi!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Over a 150 silver coins the last three years in a row? I would say that Texas is belching silver coins like a volcano.

I struggled to find less than half of what you did.

Perhaps silence is golden... or at least silver!

OP
OP
jas415

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 - 900 and Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Tom. I do good here in the Houston area but there is a lot of stuff to hunt with new demolitions each day.

OP
OP
jas415

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 - 900 and Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sort of cant stay out of Mississippi! I was born in Yazoo City. Got relative in Madison, McMaster engineering. I did get to dig a bit in Yazoo City about 3 years ago, an old fairground there. Lots of coins. I would love the chance to dig around Vicksburg on some of the old private property places there.

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions