PBrad

Greenie
Jan 7, 2016
Fort Hood, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I did a quick hunt today right after work. I went to a local lake, beach area, and I was getting hits everywhere. I had a lot of fun but I look forward to going someplace a little more exciting. I've been doing some research on a location, now I just need to learn how to find out who owns the property. Advice?
firstjunk.jpg

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All counties have an auditor and most of them have websites. Most of my surrounding counties here have a map that looks like google maps. The info you seek is where the tax bills are sent. If it's that address you know the owner lives there, if it goes to some other address, it's more than likely a rental property.

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 - 900 and Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a bit of looking and find that Bell County and most others in the area have an 'appraisal district' that is online and searchable. Just do a google for the county appraisal district ie: McLennan county appraisal district. Then follow the links to the 'property search', input a street or other address and bingo. Many times I find the owner by then doing an 'owner' or 'name' search, which shows all the property they own.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread