Token?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Token?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    Treasurenet Lurker

    Sep 2008
    Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
    Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
    1,567
    1101 times
    Metal Detecting

    Token?

    I found this on 3rd eas in Salt Lake. I have been told its a token. Im not sure can anyone tell me about it and what the value may be? Both sides are the same.

    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FInds 005.JPG 
Views:	463 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	295795   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FInds 006.JPG 
Views:	443 
Size:	162.8 KB 
ID:	295796  

  2. #2
    us
    DannThePanninMan

    Jul 2005
    St George, UT
    Garrett AT Gold
    73
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Token?

    Only thing I can find remotely close to that is a "Y" Tokens from New York that were bus fare tokens.
    Is it possible the old Trolleys used these tokens? Maybe someone brought it to Utah when traveling?

    That is just something to maybe search out a bit?

    *I got my info from searching "Y token" on google images. And started going to websites with any sort of Y token. They all appeared to be trolley tokens, whether it be from New York or Los Angeles.
    Yes there is gold in Utah.
    Check me out on YouTube

  3. #3
    us
    Treasurenet Lurker

    Sep 2008
    Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
    Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
    1,567
    1101 times
    Metal Detecting

    Re: Token?

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakien
    Only thing I can find remotely close to that is a "Y" Tokens from New York that were bus fare tokens.
    Is it possible the old Trolleys used these tokens? Maybe someone brought it to Utah when traveling?

    That is just something to maybe search out a bit?

    *I got my info from searching "Y token" on google images. And started going to websites with any sort of Y token. They all appeared to be trolley tokens, whether it be from New York or Los Angeles.
    I got the same thing you found. SOmeone told me its a UT token by the beads going around the edge.

  4. #4
    us
    Dont waste a banner vote on me...

    Feb 2008
    Utah
    Whites Vision, Whites XLT
    302

    Re: Token?

    Quote Originally Posted by fmrUSMC_0844
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakien
    Only thing I can find remotely close to that is a "Y" Tokens from New York that were bus fare tokens.
    Is it possible the old Trolleys used these tokens? Maybe someone brought it to Utah when traveling?

    That is just something to maybe search out a bit?

    *I got my info from searching "Y token" on google images. And started going to websites with any sort of Y token. They all appeared to be trolley tokens, whether it be from New York or Los Angeles.
    I got the same thing you found. SOmeone told me its a UT token by the beads going around the edge.
    I cant find it in the utah token book or supplements.
    It could very well be a utah token but it would be hard to attribute.
    Despite your votes...Trade Dollars are not banner worthy.

  5. #5
    us
    Jan 2009
    Utah
    Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
    922
    84 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Token?

    As far as a value next to nothing, it is a maverick which has no place of origin. It's still a good find though.

  6. #6
    us
    Treasurenet Lurker

    Sep 2008
    Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
    Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
    1,567
    1101 times
    Metal Detecting

    Re: Token?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nova
    As far as a value next to nothing, it is a maverick which has no place of origin. It's still a good find though.
    No value? that sucks LOL!!!

  7. #7
    us
    Jun 2005
    The Edge
    315
    3 times

    Re: Token?

    Take it to "All About Coins"

    Bob Campbell is the Guru of Utah Tokens.

    1123 E 2100 S
    Salt Lake City, UT 84106
    (801) 467-8636
    He who made kittens put snakes in the grass.

  8. #8
    us
    Jan 2009
    Utah
    Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
    922
    84 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Token?

    [quote=fmrUSMC_0844 ]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova
    As far as a value next to nothing, it is a maverick which has no place of origin. It's still a good find though.
    No value? that sucks LOL!!!
    [/quote

    If your looking to sell it try Ebay. You never know someone could looking for that particular token. So don't count it out.

  9. #9
    us
    Treasurenet Lurker

    Sep 2008
    Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
    Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
    1,567
    1101 times
    Metal Detecting

    Re: Token?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther
    Take it to "All About Coins"

    Bob Campbell is the Guru of Utah Tokens.

    1123 E 2100 S
    Salt Lake City, UT 84106
    (801) 467-8636
    Thanks for the tip but im not too big a fan of that place. Ill try rust.

  10. #10
    us
    Dont waste a banner vote on me...

    Feb 2008
    Utah
    Whites Vision, Whites XLT
    302

    Re: Token?

    Quote Originally Posted by fmrUSMC_0844
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther
    Take it to "All About Coins"

    Bob Campbell is the Guru of Utah Tokens.

    1123 E 2100 S
    Salt Lake City, UT 84106
    (801) 467-8636
    Thanks for the tip but im not too big a fan of that place. Ill try rust.
    You could take it to Campbell.
    Then whatever price they give you, multiply by 3.
    Despite your votes...Trade Dollars are not banner worthy.

  11. #11
    us
    Jun 2005
    The Edge
    315
    3 times

    Re: Token?

    Quote Originally Posted by plumloko
    Quote Originally Posted by fmrUSMC_0844
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther
    Take it to "All About Coins"

    Bob Campbell is the Guru of Utah Tokens.

    1123 E 2100 S
    Salt Lake City, UT 84106
    (801) 467-8636
    Thanks for the tip but im not too big a fan of that place. Ill try rust.
    You could take it to Campbell.
    Then whatever price they give you, multiply by 3.
    I point in that direction only for identification. No endorsement here just a suggestion of a resource.

    I'm not a big fan of any of the coin dealers in the Salt Lake Valley.

    Try posting it in the "What is it" section of Treasurenet.
    He who made kittens put snakes in the grass.

  12. #12
    us
    Treasurenet Lurker

    Sep 2008
    Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
    Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
    1,567
    1101 times
    Metal Detecting

    Re: Token?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther
    Quote Originally Posted by plumloko
    Quote Originally Posted by fmrUSMC_0844
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther
    Take it to "All About Coins"

    Bob Campbell is the Guru of Utah Tokens.

    1123 E 2100 S
    Salt Lake City, UT 84106
    (801) 467-8636
    Thanks for the tip but im not too big a fan of that place. Ill try rust.
    You could take it to Campbell.
    Then whatever price they give you, multiply by 3.
    IM with you LOL!! Ill try that and see what I can do. Thanks for all the replies!
    I point in that direction only for identification. No endorsement here just a suggestion of a resource.

    I'm not a big fan of any of the coin dealers in the Salt Lake Valley.

    Try posting it in the "What is it" section of Treasurenet.

  13. #13
    us
    Jan 2009
    east tennessee
    699
    28 times

    Re: Token?

    i found reference to a bifacial token 'Y' in a token listing i have. below is what i found

    business location San Francisco, Ca
    maker of token Wirth & Jachens may be able to add Irvine to the makers name.

    I searched Irvine Wirth & Jachens. found reference to them making police badges and saloon tokens. one site gave their address 2129 Market, San Fran., Ca

    Here is a link to other items made by Irvine Wirth & Jachens

    http://policeguide.com/Photo_Galleri...ce_badges.html

    other links while searching "wirth & Jachens" suggested they made saloon tokens as well

    the above information gives credit to Kappens California Book.

    i do not have Kappens book. But this is a good place to start.

    mike

  14. #14
    us
    Treasurenet Lurker

    Sep 2008
    Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
    Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
    1,567
    1101 times
    Metal Detecting

    Re: Token?

    Quote Originally Posted by intimer
    i found reference to a bifacial token 'Y' in a token listing i have. below is what i found

    business location San Francisco, Ca
    maker of token Wirth & Jachens may be able to add Irvine to the makers name.

    I searched Irvine Wirth & Jachens. found reference to them making police badges and saloon tokens. one site gave their address 2129 Market, San Fran., Ca

    Here is a link to other items made by Irvine Wirth & Jachens

    http://policeguide.com/Photo_Galleri...ce_badges.html

    other links while searching "wirth & Jachens" suggested they made saloon tokens as well

    the above information gives credit to Kappens California Book.

    i do not have Kappens book. But this is a good place to start.

    mike
    Thanks for the information!!! I will definately be looking into that!

  15. #15
    us
    Mar 2009
    1

    Re: Token?

    could be a token for the old train that use to go to salt air when it was located in the middle of the great salt lake.

 

 

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

detector finds of tokens
,

old bus tokens value los angeles

,
old salt lake city token
,
salt lake city bus lines token 1950's
,
salt lake city ship token value
,

salt lake city trolley token

,

saltair token

,
tell me about vintage streetcar tokens used in utah
,
utah bus tokens value
,
utah transit token value
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0