Hello utahns

TroutBumDave

Jan 8, 2015
Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
White's Coin Master 6000/D -- Garrett GTI 2500 -- Etrac
Primary Interest:
Other
For my first year, not too shabby. Two silver Rosie's were the highlight of the year, and the only silver coinage I found. Found one 18k gold wedding band, a tungsten wedding band with diamonds in it, several pieces of .925 jewelry. Lot's and lot's of pull tabs...

In the market for a better detector, but man, they're expensive.

OP
OP
F

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For my first year, not too shabby. Two silver Rosie's were the highlight of the year, and the only silver coinage I found. Found one 18k gold wedding band, a tungsten wedding band with diamonds in it, several pieces of .925 jewelry. Lot's and lot's of pull tabs...

In the market for a better detector, but man, they're expensive.

I did OK. A few Indians and 5 silver. 2 of the 5 were barber dimes. Those machines are expensive! By any chance are you the same trout bum Dave on big fish tackle? If so I'm fmrusmc on there.

TroutBumDave

Jan 8, 2015
Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
White's Coin Master 6000/D -- Garrett GTI 2500 -- Etrac
Primary Interest:
Other
I did OK. A few Indians and 5 silver. 2 of the 5 were barber dimes. Those machines are expensive! By any chance are you the same trout bum Dave on big fish tackle? If so I'm fmrusmc on there.

I don't know if I should admit to such a thing, but yup, that's me. Isn't it interesting how we all have the same obsessions and addictions? Where in the crap are you finding IH's and Barber's in Utah??

OP
OP
F

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is interesting we have the same hobbies. Im fmrusmc on there. I found those in street tearouts. i used to live close to liberty park and they were tearing out some widewalks on 400 east between 1300 and 900 south. We will have to get together for some detecting and fishing.

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did not get out to dirt fish or water fish in 2015, remodeling two homes and working full time is killing my "fun" time!

Fish1on here and BFT!

Balazon2000

Jun 10, 2016
Northern Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see some recent entries on here. Thought I had found a dead forum with all the 2013 references. I'm new to the hobby, am using a detector that was left to me by the people who used to live here. I'm going to try my back yard first.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread