Virginia Finds

stringplucker

May 22, 2010
virginia beach
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this in Surry Oct 9th. Would like to try and find a round about value for it but not important right now. I think I've shown it to everyone I know. lol

043-1.jpg

045.jpg

Orbitz

Feb 25, 2012
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Bounty Hunter VLF
Bounty Hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1801 Carolus llll silver 1/2 Reale Spanish Coin found in park in Norfolk, Va after a hard night's rain
Thanks for LQQking

p.s.
gotta luv those parks! :P

Attachments

• spanish coin.jpg
    spanish coin.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 466
  • spanish2.jpg
    spanish2.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 476
  • spanish coin.jpg
    spanish coin.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 453
  • spanish2.jpg
    spanish2.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 478

scvbasteve

Greenie
Oct 2, 2012
falls church,va
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030/Minelab Explorer/Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would love to find stuff like that, i am waiting on delivery of my minelab explorer se/pro i can't wait to be out there. any good tips on where to look? i am looking for a few places to look around falls church? i am still a little shakey on available land ie public places and parks, any guidence?

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortés, Tejón, Cibola, Cutlass II, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Killer Bee's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Stafford Virginia Union Campsite Finds

k2nsih.jpg

adamgentry

Sep 6, 2013
I found this nice looking guard just over the border in WVA, I was actually looking for arrowheads and didn't even have my metal detector with me. It's on the top of my list of places to go back!

Attachments

• image-1280224095.jpg
    image-1280224095.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 246
  • image-3450990158.jpg
    image-3450990158.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 231

brandonnva

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. Pretty new to this hobby. My family owns some property in Isle of Wight (Carrollton), Virginia. Half of the property is heavily wooded and has not been touched in a very long time. The property has been in the family since the fifties with a good size trash pile tucked in the trees. I have recently decided to cut me a path to the trash pile to go through it and see if I can find anything interesting around the bottom. Love antiques but not as knowledgeable yet as I would like to be. Anyways, so far I have found a couple interesting objects. Have been told a couple different things about each and had a couple offers (could easily be false offers) but anyways love them for the randomness of their location. Hope everyone enjoys the pictures and if anyone in the area would be willing to answer a few questions for me I would greatly appreciate it. Have been doing a lot of research but cant seem to find exact matches. Could someone please help me to identify the correct era, rarity, and rough value (if any) of any of these objects. Thank you everyone and happy hunting! Sep 23, 2013 9-12-36 PM.jpg Sep 23, 2013 9-12-06 PM.jpg Sep 23, 2013 9-20-19 PM.jpg Sep 23, 2013 9-20-36 PM.jpg Sep 23, 2013 9-21-06 PM.jpg

tlcro

Greenie
Sep 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate that there isn't more activity on these VA forums.. guess I should do more than just read them. Anyway, I have been researching a lot this past year, mostly dealing with bottles. Got my first metal detector at a yard sale for $10 last weekend and tried it out today on land thats been in my family for over 100 years. Barely scratched the surface as I was only trying to figure the machine out but I did find 2 1943 steel pennies, a 1941 dime, a whole bunch of nails and trash, a few bottles, and a new Leatherman Wave, which must have been dropped when hay was cut. Anyway, thought that was a pretty lucky day for a cheap metal detector in the hands of someone who never used one! Just wanted to share..

DiggerB

Feb 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker VI
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Big Diggin. My Dad's family originally cam from Halifax county. He grew up in Charlotte county near Saxe. How is the diggin down there?

VirginiaWind

Apr 25, 2014
Mount Jackson VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a 1917 wheat penny this afternoon in my front yard. I know it's not a big deal, but it is only my second coin. My first was a 2000 penny last week.
I also found a 32 Winchester Special casing. It was about 4 inches down. As I understand it is not a common caliber.
I'm new to this stuff, but having fun.

jwbro

Mar 25, 2014
Blue Ridge, Va
Detector(s) used
White's QXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had my metal detector for years but never got to use it because I worked over seas for 12 years. I started trying my White's QXT Pro out about 2 months ago. Found a lot of coins in and around my yard. Went down to my neighbors place, (empty now) and found an 1876 Seated Liberty Dime. It's in beautiful shape, I can even read the "Liberty" banner under her butt. Right now I'm still learning to MD and would like to get serious about finding places to hunt.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, Looks like a good day hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread