Dec 1, 2005
Port Orchard, Wa
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
snohomish area, look up the zones via the net
LadyDragonWolf said:
Would like to try small scale panning for gold. Nothing fancy. Will likely use a pie pan.

But does anyone know what areas are best for that? Which ones are open to public?

I'm in Bremerton and would prefer not to travel more than an hour or two.

Thanks!

WAres

Apr 30, 2011
Puyallup, WA
LadyDragonWolf said:
Would like to try small scale panning for gold. Nothing fancy. Will likely use a pie pan.

But does anyone know what areas are best for that? Which ones are open to public?

Thanks!
I90 ,Northbend area

golddigger14s

Aug 14, 2007
Lawton, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
LadyDragonWolf said:

Thanks!

Our chapter of GPAA is having an outing 20-22 May at Waddell Creek (exit 95 I-5). Come to our meeting May 14th in Port Orchard 1pm. wwgpaa.org for info (membership is free).

soshau01

Tenderfoot
Jun 24, 2011
New guy here, hoping to follow more on this thread. I will be returning home from deployment at the end of the year and looking forward to getting out to pan, back home in WA.

lgadbois

Mar 20, 2003
piepan? Buy a gold pan. They are inexpensive and are easier to use!

Gold panning is a lot of work. Practice using small pieces of lead.

Most of the placer gold in Western Washington is very fine flour gold. Flour gold washes easily out of the pan, but it can be recovered with good panning technique. Gold has been recovered from beach sands of Puget Sound, and out along the ocean beaches where the wave action has created areas of black sand.

Darshevo

Jun 16, 2010
Spokane, Wa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher CZ-6a
What's the source of the gold on the ocean beaches? Has it washed down from the mountains through the creeks to arrive there or is is something being brought up from out on the ocean floor? I noticed there are some historical placed deposits south of Neah Bay on the peninsula, but nothing really to speak of in the way of lode gold in the Olympics in that area

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread