What type of detector are fellow Wvs swinging?

OP
OP
wvmountaineer

wvmountaineer

Aug 3, 2012
Do you like the AT Pro? I'm thinking hard about getting one. How is the depth? The 505 Bounty Hunter I'm getting 6-8" on coins. You need to get a Garrett pinpointer it works great

crabtree

Mar 4, 2012
Charleston, WV
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like it ok, it gets pretty deep. I've found pennies at 9 inches. The TID sucks though, very inconsistent. I've heard from respected MDers that the Omega is way better for about the same price. If you plan on doing water hunts very much then stick with the AT Pro.

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it ok, it gets pretty deep. I've found pennies at 9 inches. The TID sucks though, very inconsistent. I've heard from respected MDers that the Omega is way better for about the same price. If you plan on doing water hunts very much then stick with the AT Pro.

the omega's tid is much better in my opinion but the at pro is tuff to beat its an all around good detector

howardgooden

Aug 29, 2011
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE,Fisher F2,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I started out with the Fisher F2 and Fisher propointer. Just bought a Teknetics T2se and Garrett Pro Pointer. I like the relics and found many with the F2 but wanted great depth!

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm also using the AT Pro just got it and love it, having problems with pinpointing though it's alot different than my 250.

markp

Dec 3, 2013
Peytona,WV
Detector(s) used
White dfx, and Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a white DFX and my Uncle has a White xlt. We both recently bought Garrett a t Pro's. The A T Pro in my opinion is much better than my White DFX and it cost about half. Kellyco is the best place to buy. I have a white pen pointer and a garrett pin pointer.

wvmountaindigger

Oct 19, 2014
Mountains of West Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Sun-Ray DX1 Probe, White's XLT, Sun-Ray XL1 Probe, White's Coin Master Pro, White's Coin Master 2900 Trooper, White's Coin Master 2DB Series 2, White's 120mm Bullseye Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
White's VX3 and White's XLT.

Shady Digger

Jun 21, 2007
Cool Ridge, WV
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beckley area here. Running a stock Tesoro Silver uMax and a cheap $40 pinpointer from Amazon. Thinking of getting a Tesoro Tejon down the road, and maybe a smaller coil.

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ATPro and Minelab XTerra705

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi c.d. it's been a while since I have the WV site seems like there's not to many WV'rs posting here. How's your season going so far?

c.d.

Feb 2, 2015
WV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't gotten out as much as I would have liked. I have found quite a few clad coins and one Walking liberty . Oh I have also found to war nickels. I absolutely love the hobby and will have a lot more time after this week.Just basically hitting a few older homes.What area of WV are you from?

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over on the ohio river, pleasants county

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions