Looking for places to md near franklin wv.

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
welcome to the forum happy hunting

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

White Akuma

May 2, 2012
Dolly Sods, WV
Detector(s) used
Ace 250,
ATGOLD!!
xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wellllll, haven't had much time to follow up on it, but have heard of a few old pull off picnicing spots between Petersburg and Upper Tract and one before Franklin that were put out of use. Should be some silver if you can find the correct location of them from talking to the old timers in the area. Hoping on hunting them up myself in the coming year, but if you get there first Grats! Just post some finds so I get a bit more motivated in researching tips and following through on in my free time, lol. :laughing7: HH

OP
OP
wvdozer

wvdozer

Feb 28, 2013
Thanks! I never thought of that at all. I will do a lot of research and see what I come up with. Would it be legal to hunt these spots??

White Akuma

May 2, 2012
Dolly Sods, WV
Detector(s) used
Ace 250,
ATGOLD!!
xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they're located on state park land that's a no go. But if not next step would be finding the owner, which is where I usually run into problems not having the time to go check the plat maps to find the owners info at the county office. Good luck, maybe I'll run into you some time in the area. HH.

OP
OP
wvdozer

wvdozer

Feb 28, 2013
I will be down there the first week of April. I have two old homesteads to MD and we trout fish that week. Maybe if your in the area we can get together.

White Akuma

May 2, 2012
Dolly Sods, WV
Detector(s) used
Ace 250,
ATGOLD!!
xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds interesting, pm me closer to then and I'll get the details and see if I can make it.

Chris819

Mar 9, 2013
MD
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going 2 Beckley on the 19th 20th and 21st of this month if you are close 2 that I could meet up? Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread