Wheaties and another ingot

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted a late 1800's oil town today. The home was a bed and breakfast inn back in the day according to the 89 year old lady that owns and I was the first to hunt it. Hit it hard trying to find anything silver, nothing but wheaties and another ingot. I don't know why but I seem to find these things everywhere lately. It rings in at 91 on the VDI and was a good 10" down. The little wheel with the gear on it is lead. The ring is cooper, Baby diaper safety pin, Shot gun stamp, and some clock hands parts. One nice thing about this yard was I didn't find one pull tab.
DSC00007.JPG DSC00008.JPG

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretty cool finds. Sounds like a cool place to hunt.

Maybe I'm a bit dense but what's the ingot made of?? Is it silver??

OP
OP
wv hilljack

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know, I find these melted things a lot around old home sites here in WV. I need to get an acid test and find out for sure. I've got a bunch of them. Usually find around the corner stone of the house. I pretty sure it could be silver it's not heavy like lead, but until I get a test kit.(?)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread