Visiting WV in a few days
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Tim

May 2014
    Va Beach, VA
    Teknetics EuroTek Pro Arrived and has been used. Found a 1910 penny and a bunch of junk in my first hour.
    4 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Visiting WV in a few days

I will be in Cass, my wife and I are going to ride the railroad on Saturday and hang out through Sunday. Does anyone swing in this area? It seems like the rules are similar to VA. Was maybe looking for a tip on were I could go, I won't have but maybe an hour or two but would love to take advantage of it. Thank you for any info.

us
    Gary

Aug 2013
    Western, WV
    XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250 Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
    602 times
    Sorry don't know much about the area to tell you anything. Church yards are always fair game and good place to start.

May 2015
    You will be in Pocahontas County when visiting Cass. There are many old mining camps not too far away. Thurmond, WV is an old town that is now abandoned...it is near Fayetteville, WV.

Thurmond is a town in Fayette County, West Virginia, United States, on the New River. The population was five at the 2010 census.
    Area: 57 acres (23 ha)
    Population: 5 (2013)

While it's true that ghost towns may be found throughout West Virginia, no where else in the state will you find a contiguous string of abandoned settlements as large as in the New River Gorge. A string of more than 50 such towns follows the New River through its gorge and is perhaps the best known ghost town region in the state.

May 2015

Ghost towns of Southern WEST Virginia

You will be in Pocahontas County when visiting Cass. There are many old mining camps not too far away. Thurmond, WV is an old town that is now abandoned...it is near Fayetteville, WV.

Thurmond is a town in Fayette County, West Virginia, United States, on the New River. The population was five at the 2010 census.
    Area: 57 acres (23 ha)
    Population: 5 (2013)

While it's true that ghost towns may be found throughout West Virginia, no where else in the state will you find a contiguous string of abandoned settlements as large as in the New River Gorge. A string of more than 50 such towns follows the New River through its gorge and is perhaps the best known ghost town region in the state.

Sponsored Links