jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The times dispatch. (Richmond, Va.), 12 Jan. 1906.

001.jpg

The times dispatch. (Richmond, Va.) 1903-1914, January 12, 1906, Page 7, Image 7 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks jeff of pa, for coming up with these news clips. I copied and saved. If I get a chance I may do some investigating. Thanks.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I lived and worked in Pearisburg at the Celco chemical plant for 3 1/2 years, and visited Bluefield WVA many times. That was a very solid more than 1/2 hour drive at speeds exceeding the limit. In 1906 I presume it was by horseback as the road would have not been 4 lanes paved as it is today - that would have easily been more than a full day trip through what would have essentially been a mountainous wilderness. There's no telling where the trove is actually buried.

shadow10g

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2013
Southern WV
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
with respect to your signature line, "He jests at scars that never felt a wound" It is not from CS lewis but William Shakespeare and occurs at the beginning of Act II, Scene 1 of Romeo and Juliet. What you are referring to here is C.S. Lewis, quoting Shakespeare in his book "The Problem of Pain"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread