Racine/Milwaukee Bottle digging/detecting

skispeed69

Apr 2, 2007
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moving down to Racine after 24 years in the USAF. Been doing my research on the area. Hope to share some good sites with other detectorists. If you are interested when the weather gets better, let me know. Here are a few finds from Ghetto Milwaukee. Lots still in the ground. Also looking to dig bottles, strong back ready to roll.

Dave.... CAM00399.jpg

kdenz

Mar 31, 2013
SHAW A.F.B, SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there i also live in Wisconsin Marinette to be exact, and im leaving in July for the Air Force! we should go detecting before i leave

SilverFinger

Apr 17, 2008
Woodstock, Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Eagle Spectrum, Treasuremaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where abouts in ghetto Milwaukee? I live in ghetto Milwaukee! :)

skywalker827

Apr 17, 2014
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Racine local here...I'm pretty new to md'ing and have only hit some local parks.. yet to find anything great; but love every minute of it. I've been starting some research and will let you know if I get any good leads.

mycabellfamily

Greenie
Nov 2, 2012
Racine,WI
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Born and raised in Racine, WI. Love metal detecting (had Ace250 that I sold but plan to upgrade by February 2015 and get back at it when the ground thaws) and bottle digging. If I had to choose one I'd choose digging when I get the chance, love the stuff, can't get enough . I discovered buried bottles while metal detecting which led me to bottle digging. Have only dug really early 1900 pits but will be on the hunt for 18's early this year. I'd love to have a partner for larger digs that may come up and if anyone is in southeast Wisconsin and needs a partner I'd love the opportunity. Best of hope to you all.

pgfhgs

Dec 23, 2014
Sedona AZ
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, AT Pro, Ace 250, Tesoro, Teknetics, Bounty Hunter EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck, old farmsteads are great places for bottles......just stay away from that silver!!!!

tannerhatley

May 20, 2013
SE Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Born and raised in Racine, WI. Love metal detecting (had Ace250 that I sold but plan to upgrade by February 2015 and get back at it when the ground thaws) and bottle digging. If I had to choose one I'd choose digging when I get the chance, love the stuff, can't get enough . I discovered buried bottles while metal detecting which led me to bottle digging. Have only dug really early 1900 pits but will be on the hunt for 18's early this year. I'd love to have a partner for larger digs that may come up and if anyone is in southeast Wisconsin and needs a partner I'd love the opportunity. Best of hope to you all.

I'm in Kenosha and am always looking for swinging my MD around. It's just hard to get out the house with a 3 yr old and wife. Want to hunt? Let me know.

kb2qqm

Greenie
Oct 23, 2012
Racine, WI
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I am in Racine. I have been to the beach in Racine, but that is about it. Where can we MD, seems I bought a MD'er and then read all the regulations and it's kind of daunting. It looks like everything is off limit's. Parks, waterways. Where have people been detecting ?

Greg

tannerhatley

May 20, 2013
SE Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just can MD on public land like schools and parks. You can MD on private land but must first get permission from the land owner. Not State parks.

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather is starting to get better and ready to go dig some artifacts.
Give me a shout out.

FesterCopperPot

Oct 13, 2015
Kenosha, WI
Detector(s) used
Purchasing a Garrett AT Pro in the next few months.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Kenosha, lived here 3 years this November. Don't own a MD yet, had a Viper Trident a few years ago, and a cheap radio shack model. The radio shack model broke during the winter when I stored it in my shed and I just never got the hang of the viper trident.... but honestly I don't think I really gave it a chance. Ended up selling it when we were buying our house. I've got my eye on a Garrett AT Pro, looking to purchase that in the next few months so I'll be ready to start when summer comes. And hopefully I can find some interesting sites for my other hobby - photography!

Jumpthemap23

Jul 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where in Racine have you been digging? I've been trying so hard to find old sites to dig! I just started digging and collecting old bottles, have found a bunch of grafs and a bunch of older bottles without embossing, but would love to find older stuff!! Let me know where I can do it! Thanks for posting ������

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread