Metal Detected In LaCrosse Early May

bill crane

Greenie
Feb 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took a vacation back to Wisconsin and planned to hook up with a friend but nothing developed with hooking up with him. Since I was flying there from Montana I did not want to bring my machine. I ended up in Northern Wisconsin with a rental car and borrowed my foster dad's Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202 with the promise to ship it back to him. I had to be in Lacrosse and hit a few locations where some houses were torn down, but nothing old in the way of old coins or tokens were found. I still found and dug some old brass pieces such as would indicate the presence of old coins. I did hit another spot that produced old silver and Indian heads over 10 years ago. I got only a 1952 silver dime. I decided to check out another location I had hunted over a decade ago. No old coins there but did get a transit token from Seatle Washington. Later that day I shipped the detector back to the person I borrowed it from, I also included the finds for him to check out since he was suppose to have only a year to live and that was two and half years ago. I figure he would never get out so he could check out what his machine got. There were many places to hunt but the majority of the time in Wisconsin was for visiting relatives. Back in Montana now and might do some hunting at some point this year.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Was thinking tonight about the different spots in town where I dug various coins in the past. 4 spots alone where 3 cent pieces were dug, 3 sidewalks and 1 yard demo. The old grocery store that sat for years over an 1867 Indian Head. Hard to imagine just how much is under ground waiting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread