chose the right place

rac7658

Oct 24, 2015
near lacrosse west central wi
Detector(s) used
at pro,ace 250,at propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i went to a small park about an hour from home. i got lucky on my choice. i had looked at it on google earth and an old topo map. the early 1900 topo map showed a dwelling and a triangular symbol on an edge of the park. there was a totlot in the general area of the dwelling on the topo. the play area was recently "improved" ,maybe last year or the year before. it looked like about 4-5 inches had been scraped off the top and filled with woodchips around some new equipment. since it was next to where i parked i hit it first. my 4th and fifth targets were an 1899 ih and an 1899 barber quarter, my first. i ended up with 3 little indians,1890,my new oldest,1899 and 1904, a buffalo 1923, 2 wheats 37 and 47, and the 1899 barber quarter new.jpg

dapperandy

Jul 3, 2011
La Crosse, WI
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Onalaska here, grew up in La Crosse, those are awesome finds. Recently got the Fisher F2 and got to find some nice places to detect. Never had a lot of time to detect with young kids and messed around with the Bounty Tracker IV, got lucky and found a 10K gold horseshoe ring but that's about it. Congrats on your finds. I need to find some old coins.

Id be curious to know the whereabouts of these finds if you would tell?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread