mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I detected an old park which dates back to the mid 1800s but only managed to find coins of the modern variety. Go figure that one. :icon_scratch: I'm sure there are older coins there just waiting to be found. There were so many targets that I covered maybe 10% of the park. Pretty sure I'll be going back!

But what made the trip a great success was finding a couple sweet rings. One is labeled 14kt but obviously it's just 14kt plated because it does not have that 100% gold luster. Then the silver ring is marked 925 and has a very nice diamond on top with twelve smaller ones flanking the sides.
:headbang:

***Just came back from getting an appraisal and as luck would have it, the one big stone is the dreaded cubic zirconia. :sadsmiley:
Oh well it's still a nice addition to my shadow box of rings.

Attachments

• Before cleaning.jpg
    Before cleaning.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 97
  • After cleaning.jpg
    After cleaning.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 97
  • Close up silver-diamond.jpg
    Close up silver-diamond.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 98
  • Silver mark.jpg
    Silver mark.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 14kt mark.jpg
    14kt mark.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Modern coins and key.jpg
    Modern coins and key.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice score of finds :icon_thumright:. The older coins may be 8” or deeper

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great close up photos of the rings. Nice amount of clad too. Congrats

OP
OP
mindcrime1988

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice score of finds :icon_thumright:. The older coins may be 8” or deeper

Yes I agree the older coins will be deeper but my Deus should still be able to sniff them out. With all of the modern coin finds, I'm thinking this park has not been hit in a long time.

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes I agree the older coins will be deeper but my Deus should still be able to sniff them out. With all of the modern coin finds, I'm thinking this park has not been hit in a long time.

The rings also make it seem that way. Good luck next time :icon_thumright:

BrutalBeck

Sep 14, 2012
Wiconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a weird park find....

My wife and I like to go on driving adventures, which means that the metal detector HAS to go with. As we are up near Door County, we decided to take a rest stop on our way back near Green Bay, (can't remember the name of the little city or park) and I decided to break out the MD to see what I could find. I searched only in the playground sand because I didn't want to dig in the grass and get in trouble. So, I start getting hit after hit in the sand and the MD is going nuts. After a half hour of digging up coins, I ended up with 32 pennies, all of which were newer.

The weird part, is that there were that many pennies in the sand and I can only assume that someone had planted them there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions