All Treasure Hunting

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not know about the new fisher F series type of detectors as far as the customer service goes, but the older original design fisher detectors like your talking about, I do not think will be a problem. I recently purchased an older 1265x from ebay and I talked to the guys at the tech department about the machine and the guys were honest about everything and answered alot of my questions. I was told by another fisher dealer that their new line has had some issues with their new series and alot of people has had to send in their new units. I think the only issue fisher has, is with their new line up. I would not be afraid at all to get that 1270. I do know that fisher does not answer their emails. It is better if you have an issue with fisher to call them. Maybe this will help. I am sure a lot of people are happy with their new styled Fisher detector, but I am kind of partial the the original Fisher machines. Maybe this will help your decision.

OP
OP
jharhed

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Tim, I feel a little more at ease.

saltwatermax

Sep 9, 2007
well i just got a f75 and had some questions,and a lady name bobby was awesome!!!! She took the time to research my questions and followed up with the correct answers,she also went out of her wat to call me back to make sure all was well!!! Now yes there are some customer service issues with some of the fisher employees,but definitly not Bobby! Thanks Bobby you reasured my confidence with fisher,sincerely,Max

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I wouldn't let FT check my batteries, let alone my detector. Had enough with my one real horror story from them. Posted the highlights on the CZ-20 land hunting thread.

Roadquest

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2005
C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent Fisher a email asking about a detector. I received a short one line message " Don't make them anymore"
That was fine with me. I really don't care how my question is answered. As long as it is answered.
The next day, I got three different email responce from three different people at Fisher.
With an answer to my question. And explain why they quite making the detector I was asking about.
They must have caught the don't make them any more answer one of their people sent me.

OP
OP
jharhed

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I thought that I'd venture out and try another brand detector, always wanted to try a Fisher, but unless I win one in a raffle or something, I'll be sticking with the people I know that I can count on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread