Silver in the turf lesson I learned

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
A new lesson I learned on the F-75 is to run it in Delta Pitch mode for turf silver. If you run it in 3 or 4 tones (called 3H and 4H in the manual), silver dimes and clad dimes will sound exactly alike. This is because the 3H and 4H options are essentially monotone within a range of higher VID values. Delta pitch, on the other hand, is a continuous scale, it becomes sweeter and higher with every numerical increase in VID. I've been consistently digging 8-9 inch silver using this mode. Oops, cat’s out of the bag now…

Jim

Bertman

Apr 13, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Minelab E-Trac
Good to know... Thanks for the information as I'll be sure to check that out...

HH Robert

marky1016

Greenie
Apr 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
FISHER CZ7a w/SUNRAY PROBE;F5;F75
Hey thanks for the hint...Just bought a F75 any help is greatly welcome...Did you get any upgrades for yours? :)

OP
OP
ziphius

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
marky1016 said:
Hey thanks for the hint...Just bought a F75 any help is greatly welcome...Did you get any upgrades for yours? :)

No upgrades. My gasket around the housing is cracked and gone and I've got the weak battery spring generation of the F-75. My only qualms about what is otherwise a monster of a deep-seeking machine. :thumbsup:

marky1016

Greenie
Apr 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
FISHER CZ7a w/SUNRAY PROBE;F5;F75
Thanks Jim...Just bought the F75 and am waiting for delivery...Heard so much about the F75 and its capibilaties plus I am a big Fisher fan..Would you recommend starting to learn it in df mode?I have heard that je is real hot..What is bc mode for?I cant wait for a thaw when it arrives... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ziphius

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
marky1016 said:
Thanks Jim...Just bought the F75 and am waiting for delivery...Heard so much about the F75 and its capibilaties plus I am a big Fisher fan..Would you recommend starting to learn it in df mode?I have heard that je is real hot..What is bc mode for?I cant wait for a thaw when it arrives... :thumbsup:

I highly recommend STAYING AWAY FROM JE MODE for at least a few months while you learn this machine. It is way too hot and the chatter will drive you nuts. The machine is extremely deep-seeking in DE mode. - Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread