longsocks

longsocks

Oct 17, 2005
Wisconsin -south of milwaukee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 --- FISHER F - 70 Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Richard , mine came from Kellyco but all there was was a bill of sale didn't find a registration card in the pile of stuff that came with it .. i thought i spotted on another site that it had no warranty card .. that's why I posted here to double check, looked on Fishers web site there was no provision to register it there either ... thanks again

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
No trouble at all, Socks. I'm probably thinking of one of my other units. Tell you what, Saginaw Ian would know!! I just thought of that as I was writing this! He and Jim Hemmingway, and Michigan Badger, all purchased an F-70 or '75 in the last few months! If they see this, I'm sure they would be more than happy to help! You know, the more I think about it, it seems like I sent a copy of the bill of sale in!? Sorry, if you don't find out soon, let me know, and I'll find out for sure. Regards, Richard

OP
OP
longsocks

longsocks

Oct 17, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Richard, I called kellyco asked them how I was suppose to register this thing, the woman told me that there should have been a small post card to send in to fisher in the box.. Needless to say I went and looked through all the materials that I took out of the box nothing there, so went and looked once more in the box nada ... Well Monday I will call Kellyco again like the woman said if I didn't find it.. they would send me a bill of sale ... Maybe monday I will also call Fisher and see what they say or if they will do a over the phone registration .. thanks again .. Gonna try to get out with it Sunday and see what I can find...

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
Well, Socks, I sure hope you have a blast today with your new detector! :thumbsup: I didn't see your message in time to write yesterday. I knew one of the folks would help you, if they were able to at all. Isn't it great, how honest folks are here? For instance, Jim, he had no problem telling you he didn't know for sure! Beats all I've ever seen, how most folks on this forum, (all of them as far as I know!) will do whatever it takes to help a friend in need of answers! I LOVE it here! Hope you make a banner find today, Socks!! Good luck and great hunting! Let us all know what you find out Monday, please! Regards, Ricgard

OP
OP
longsocks

longsocks

Oct 17, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Richard / Jim : Thanks for the input.. I guess I could call this official, I called... Fisher at 1- 915-225-0333 she transfer'd me to customer service. I told the lady that there was no registration card in the box, when the detector came , and there was no provision on their web site, to do and on line registration either. She said they are not putting warranty cards/ registration cards in with the detectors any more, that your warranty will be taken from your serial number as the date of manufacture/ warranty. That kinda sucks mine starts with 1108 with that said, I have to assume Nov of 08, is my manufacture date..Kellyco today also said if I need warranty I go thru Fisher.. Guess thats not a prob. I called them after Fisher.
On a lighter note ,I went out sunday got some change, 2 kiddie rings, a pendant shaped like a guitar, and a few zipper pulls.. In the afternoon I went down to Lake Michigan wind was off the North East at a pretty good clip, after 30 min of nothing and frozen fingers I gave up.. There were still chunks of ice washing up on the sand ..
Don't know if this is normal for this detector, or not, mine sounds like Luke Skywalkers light saber when I sweep lol ...Just call me Jedi Paul lol
I also had a thought since I don't have a dust cover for it . I was thinking of getting some of this Cling vinyl like they use for window decorations or like your watch face when you buy one and cut it to size for the detectors screen to keep dust or blowing dirt, sand off so not to scratch it all up.. just a thought.

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
No trouble, Paul!! Too bad for the weather, that stinks! Down here in the South, we can detect most all year, of course I've seen weeks and, rarely, months that were too cold! Sounds like you did fine, first time out! I really hope you like the unit, Socks! I would hate to think of not having mine close by! Great hunting and good luck, Paul!! Regards, Richard

OP
OP
longsocks

longsocks

Oct 17, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Richard: I've been out several times with the 70 its been cold enough here to cause hands to get uncomfortable, after 35 or so out there... I have found some change, nothing in great amounts yet, and some kids rings.. Right now its just getting used to the machine and slowly playing with things... I see in Badgers post he seems to be having trouble with his 70... when I installed my coil bolt, I put it in exactly as the picture showed not from the opposite side .. I also, wondered about a rubber washer since my garrett has 2 of them on the coil bolt ... then my fisher manual says there is no washer supplied for this any more... so far, my coil has not been tightened beyond the initial instillation ,as the manual say during erection of the detector.. I don't get a flip flop out of the coil there seems to be enough friction there to keep it more or less in place unless I kinda lean on it a little ..there seems to be controversy over what the instruction manual says and what fisher told Badger.. I guess I just don't know what to say on all that..
take care
Paul

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
Very good point, Socks!! I know my manual for both the '70 and '75 stated that only one rubber washer was necessary for the coil/stem mount, however, I personally had to visit the hardware store and find another rubber washer slightly thinner than the single one provided, to make the '70's coil tight enough to remain in place. Of course, there will be manufacturing tolerance variables, no matter how closely quality control is monitored. One particular annoying note about my '70 unit: The lower stem is very slightly smaller in diameter exactly where it needs to be tightened to be suitable for my height, so I simply wrapped 2 turns of electrical tape around the spot where the eccentric locking cam contacts the stem, and now all is well! Jim said it, Paul!! You are definitely making GREAT progress! :thumbsup: Of course, there is a learning curve associated with most anything, and you seem to be doing very well! Great hunting and good luck, Paul!! Regards, Richard

OP
OP
longsocks

longsocks

Oct 17, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the posts Jim / Richard:
Its still cold enough here to make hunting with out gloves on uncomfortable, so I move to smaller area's and by the time I'm done with them its in the car and warm the hands ...
My lower stem seems to be a good fit to the upper, the eccentric locking cam on my unit takes quite a good firm twist to lock it all in place ,quite tight to turn , there is no wobble or shimmy when swinging the coil so looks like they might have addressed some of those issues.. IM gonna have to pull the coil bolt out and really look at what they did with the coil assembly, bolt, coil holder etc and see what they did to it I never paid real close attention to that when I put it to gether . Have a good day HH paul

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
Paul, Glad to hear you aren't having problems with yours! They obviously addressed that, or mine was an anomaly! Either way, hope you make some great finds! Great hunting and good luck!! Regards, Richard

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread