Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's been a while since I've posted anything and I thought I'd post a long term review of the Fisher F2.
Having used the F2 now for a second year I have found it to be a real coin hog. It's a killer in trashy areas and depending on ground conditions it gets decent depth. It's also easy on batteries. I've found its depth readout to be a suggestion meaning the coin is always deeper than it says. It pin points spot on every time except on zinc pennies lying on the surface. They pin point as big as a dinner plate causing you to lift the coil about a foot. Also during pin point you can make out different targets by the way it sounds. It just loves nickels, It never passes one up.
It's fast response is what makes it a killer in trash and I have found the target ID to be fairly accurate on coins down to about 6 inches anything deeper and it starts to read lower on the scale but it will still give a good sound and that’s how I know to dig. It’s very easy to learn and as time goes by you’ll learn just what makes it tick making it that much better.
I still don't like its toy like feel but I love how light it is, I can swing it all day long. It would be nice if it had a ground balance that should be standard on all machines. I would give the overall quality a 7 out of 10 and the electronics a strong 10
I hope this post helps if you’re considering buying one.

Boog

Apr 30, 2007
E. Central Indiana
Very good review, I had one bout a year ago, and a fella come up and bought it off me while I was detecting with it, =he liked it that well,= sooo, I got another one coming, They are neat detectors, do a good job are fun to use, work very well and are affordable= and this is a dandy field test the man submitted, I agree 100%
:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread