Took the Fisher Coinstrike Plunge! (PICs & NO TIME)

LX Kid

Jul 14, 2009
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, M/Lab Xtera-70, B/Hunter ID , Tesoro Stingray II, Tesoro Tiger Shark, MXT, Eagle II SL, + Others
Took the Fisher Coinstrike Plunge! (PIC's & NO TIME)

After a lot of reading about the pro's and con's on a Coinstrike I went looking to trade for one. Found a good mutual trade with "Detectoraddict," a new one, with a five year warranty. Great guy to do business with! Anyway it's on the way here. Seems like there is a lot of love/hate about this detector from being noisey to not getting any depth. To me it seems from all the reviews I've read it "may" be more user error than an actual problem with this particular detector. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Zectron2348

Aug 8, 2009
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT DFX MXT, many Minelabs, many Fishers, Tesoro Bandido, Lobo, Cortez, efx ground MX400, Treasure Commander TC2X, original Bounty Hunter Red Baron, and many more!
Re: Took the Fisher Coinstrike Plunge!

Seems to all depend on the operator, and is really no different than any other detector and user.

From all the things I have read, there seems to be two types of reviews on the Coinstrike, .... those who got one and quickly expected the Coinstrike to perform just like other machines they have used in the past, ...... and, ............ those who got the Coinstrike, understanding it is a little different than many detectors, and took the time to learn it's differences and apply that knowledge when using the machine. Group one (very small group) was disappointed, ......... group two seemed very pleased with the detector's performance.

I have only had my Coinstrike for a few weeks and haven't had the opportunity to use it much, but I think it is going to be a great machine I am going to be very please with, if I take the time to learn to use it properly.

RL OH

Feb 7, 2007

LX, I have had my share of Coinstrikes and they are a great detector once you understand their traits. Here are my settings: iron disc 99, sens 7, threshold -5, volume max, notch out just foil, and swing at a medium speed. First look for a high tone that repeats from at least two angles. Then look at the screen and for numbers that stay within a 3 to 4 digit range. If you get a high tone tick that pinpoints at over 40 which is about 6 inches deep, dig it even if the number are in the high teens. I have found most all of my deep coins this way. If the coins are 6 inches or less, the Coinstrike will lock on hard with tones and numbers. It is the 7 inches and deeper coins that cause the detector to lose the accuracy on the numbers. The numbers will be lower, but consistant on deep coins. Also, if you are in the farm field, use the all metal mode and it will still produce numbers, but only one tone. I once found a pocket spill of silver coins that were over 12 inches deep in all metal. Speaking of all metal, I always ground balance in all metal and I only lift the coil less than two inches before I release the ground balance button. Keep us informed on how you are doing. R.L.

OP
OP
LX Kid

LX Kid

Jul 14, 2009
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, M/Lab Xtera-70, B/Hunter ID , Tesoro Stingray II, Tesoro Tiger Shark, MXT, Eagle II SL, + Others

Recieved my new Coinstirke the other day and haven't had time to really study it yet. Lot's of settings and controls to think about before hitting the gound with it. Watched the video and it doesn't really help a whole lot other than a brief orientation of the controls. Anyone know of any other video's for the Coinstrike? The F5, on youtube, really has some great user video's. Thanks

P.S. I'm aleady aware of thinks site: "The Fisher Coinstrike Homepage" Very good info site! http://home.insightbb.com/~johnhett...insightbb.com/~johnhetti/coinstrike/index.htm

OP
OP
LX Kid

LX Kid

Jul 14, 2009
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Re: Took the Fisher Coinstrike Plunge! (Recieved it!)

Belive it or not I still haven't had a chance to learn my new Coinstrike yet! Too many other projects are getting in the way. I have a boat restoration I've been doing for the past year and am just finishing up on turning my carport into a dineing room. Just not enough hours in the day!! Here's couple of pics. If your interested in boats and my boat restoration you can view it at this link: http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=275835

S6001670.jpg
S6001676.jpg

S6001017.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread