First finds with the LTD

coop

Greenie
Apr 2, 2005
In between the raindrops and snow that we've been having the last couple days, I was able to get out with my new Fisher F75 Ltd yesterday. I went to an old picnic grove that no longer exists that sits along a creek. This grove has been flooded many times and has been detected by lots of people. It's also heavy with trash. I used the deep mode because the targets are deep in the ground because of the floods. I wasn't there long before I found the silver plated spoon. It was about 6 inches deep. A few minutes later, I had a penny reading at 9 inches on the display. It was a good solid reading. I used my relic shovel and dug a deep hole. I checked the hole and it wasn't in there. I checked the dirt that I removed and it was in there. It was an Indian Head penny. It started to rain heavy and I had to call it a day. When I got home I cleaned the Indian up. It was an 1865 in great shape. You can read the Liberty on the headband. I hope to get back there again and try the small coil and work between the trash. The Ltd is quite an impressive machine. It goes deep. I've done some air tests with it, and I kid you not. I was picking up quarters at 10 to 12 inches. The Cache Mode even goes deeper. I had a small brass bell that was about 3 inches in diameter that I picked up at 2 feet!!!

Attachments

• PA160011.JPG
    PA160011.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 449

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions