F75LTD info needed....any users out there

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
I got one to relic hunt with not alot to adjust or change. Just what ever mode you chose and the sensitivity.
I like the 2f tones for relics.

Jason

JIMMY555

Apr 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
SOV. GT
HI i just got mine and you will not believe how deep it goes with the stock coil, hit my copper penny at 11 in, a dime at 10, and a quarter at 12 This was done with sensitivity at 50 not 99! and it sounds real good on all targets. I like the bp mode and dis set at 15 works great also delta picth for sounds is great. Try this out on your lawn if you do not have a test garden throw a coin down and see how high you get the coil before you lose the target. I wont even tell you how well the 5in works with cl and dis at 15 and sen 45. because you would not believe me.

OP
OP
I

idandigit

Greenie
Oct 18, 2009
I just received mine looking forward to learning and using this detector I've heard lots of good things
about it thanks for all the info guys.....good luck hunting......Dan

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What is the difference with the LTD and the first F75....I have the first one made, am I missing out on upgrades?

OP
OP
I

idandigit

Greenie
Oct 18, 2009
rjw.....keep reading the post I'm new myself to any fisher brand....we are talking deep with this F75LTD
I haven't had but little time yet on this unit but everyone is talking positive and I think surprised about it........keep the info pouring in guys lets talk about this unit we will all benefit from these post.

OP
OP
I

idandigit

Greenie
Oct 18, 2009
ok got the ltd out some today I just had minor back surgery,been looking at this new unit and not able to use it then back to work but today played with it a little in my back yard.got a weatie at 7-8 inches new to fisher units I like it so far...Ive been reading and learning from the forum thanks for the info guys ....good luck hunting.....Dan

OP
OP
I

idandigit

Greenie
Oct 18, 2009
Thanks Rando...Gonna get out today looking forward to learning this unit.....Dan

Streak!

Mar 4, 2009
did you have the origonal F75??

idandigit said:
I'm new to fisher units.....looking forward to learning this one any info would be appreciated thanks
Dan

there isnt a heck of a lot of difference between the F75 and the LTD, aside from the boost processes. When in the regular modes, the LTD behaves exactly like my origonal F75's.
The LTD, when in BP mode enhances the responses of the targets, ESPECIALLY if you have to hunt over heavy overburden in the woods, or high weeds in the fields. Its been My experience, ay least in My soil that the LTD wont get much (if any) deeper "in the dirt" than the F75 will BUT, it will make the responses louder and easier to hear. The LTD seems to be a bit quieter and stabler as well, but marginally. DONT expect it to be a totally different animal.
I just returned from the NE on a long detecting binge, and used the BP mode almost exclusively. We hunted a lot in corn stubble, and the LTD was a BIG boon in those conditions. I could still get the same depth targets swinging OVER the stubble in BP as I could scrubbing in DE or JE. it made it a lot easier to detect!
Also, I have recovered a number of targets in the woods I almost certainly would have missed in DE or JE, due to the overburden. On "most' of those targets, I could still hear them in DE, BUT..only after scraping the overburden off with my foot so I could get the coil low and tight, and even then they were faint and hard to hear. I tend to do a LOT of experimenting when I'm out in the field, and always try to come up with a combination thats not only productive, but fairly easy on the brain as well. :icon_thumright:
All the basic things that apply to the F75 still apply to the LTD. Low disc = better depth and separation. High sens =better audio resolution. The only downside is the the BP mode not only enhances the response of the good targets, but the iron responses as well. You CAN hunt through it.......but in REAL busy sites it can take it toll on your sanity. We hunted a lot of iron rich sites, and after a bit of time you learn to recognize what to respond to, and what to ignore, but it WILL slow you down a bit. In sites where there isnt a ton of iron , its a dream machine! We also found that the wider louder responses of BP, ESPECIALLY in real busy of iron infested sites tended to mask smallish good targets like tiny flat buttons. You REALLY had to watch your sweep speed to get maximum separation. When the stuff got real think, DE or JE was a little better choice.
I consider the Boost modes just another tool to round out my machine. It isnt for EVERY site, but its real handy when you need and can use it. Overall, I think I'm able to use BP mode probably 70% of the time in my sites, and either DE of JE the remainder of the time. One of the big pluses of BP is, you can utilize a slower sweep speed in BP VS DE or JE, and still get great depth. Slower sweep speeds =better separation! in fact, a bit of a slower sweep in BP is almost mandatory.. Streak!

OP
OP
I

idandigit

Greenie
Oct 18, 2009
Thanks Streak....Im getting more comfortable with the ltd got good depth in bp for sure...today I was running bp dic 7...sen at 40 hitting solid got some deep hits I didn't dig yet at a park near my home got clads and wheat...but I was getting deep hits in 90's at 12 and 16 inches I'll be digging some of these soon didn't have time today....good luck Dan

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Many thanks to you all for the great info.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread