Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw one sell for over $2500 today. The starting bid was $350.00 so it's supply and demand. And to think, they had them on Amazon about 3 months ago for $575.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gees if those nuts would pay that kind of money for a T2, think what prices the Tiger Shark could bring......... :thumbsup:

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
They could also be scams where buddies get together and make it look like that is what the market is doing and then when you bid big bucks, all of a sudden there is nobody bidding against you.

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seen it also.I think somebody had to many beers an hit to many keys on there key board. :tongue3:

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
Just looked at E-bay...there are four new T2s on buy it now for $799.00 and two for $899.00...I would not personally call that a shortage, I bet you could have one in hand by weeks end if you click tonight.

There is one T2 LTD on there listed at $2150.00 "buy it now" and I know the dealer who has it listed. I sent him a message asking if the price was a mistake because he has never given me the impression he would do the "money grab" to anyone.....but who knows what people will do for money.

DK

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
You are correct.........I guess I need to read the details a little closer...LOL!! Oh well, maybe there is a darn shortage....but I'd be hard pressed to believe it's not manufacturer created!!

DK

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
What a great marketing strategy! Fake a shortage to drive the price up....Maybe bounty hunter should try this with some of their other models???? :tongue3:

M Scott @ FTP

Mar 18, 2009
rebelLT said:
What a great marketing strategy! Fake a shortage to drive the price up....Maybe bounty hunter should try this with some of their other models???? :tongue3:
Why in the world would a manufacturer intentionally create a shortage? A MFG still sells to dealers and distributors at the same price so it would not benefit them at all even if it was true..... Regardless the worldwide demand is there for T2 and F75 and you wont be able to get one for awhile. The used one on ebay is already over $1000 with 5 days left. While the US consumers still use name recognition and brand loyalty to determine what detectors are the best, much of the rest of the world has already determined what is proven in the field to work best compared side by side to all others really is the best and that is why FTP products like the T2 and F75 are in higher demand than any other manufacturers worldwide.

Mike

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
M Scott @ FTP said:
While the US consumers still use name recognition and brand loyalty to determine what detectors are the best, much of the rest of the world has already determined what is proven in the field to work best compared side by side to all others really is the best and that is why FTP products like the T2 and F75 are in higher demand than any other manufacturers worldwide.

Mike

You're right, I'm too dumb to know what detector will work for me. You don't give the U.S. hunters much credit.

M Scott @ FTP

Mar 18, 2009
GibH said:
M Scott @ FTP said:
While the US consumers still use name recognition and brand loyalty to determine what detectors are the best, much of the rest of the world has already determined what is proven in the field to work best compared side by side to all others really is the best and that is why FTP products like the T2 and F75 are in higher demand than any other manufacturers worldwide.

Mike

You're right, I'm too dumb to know what detector will work for me. You don't give the U.S. hunters much credit.
GibH
My intention was not to insult you and what you use and works for you. My point is that the latest offerings from FTP are superior in performance under most circumstances applications and conditions than anything manufactured by anyone else past or present. Tesoro and others have made many wonderful products over the years and Tesoros warranty cant be beat. I still have an Inca with LT warranty but I know it does nothing better than what I currently use.

Sorry if I offended you or anyone else.

Mike

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
Seems I have struck a nerve. NO offense intended. I've been swinging a coil for a long time, many detectors. I've learned a few things...........The most important being that you gotta run your coil over good targets to find good targets. The best detector in the world will not find something that isnt there. Another important thing that I have learned? Metal Detector manufacturers want you to buy whatever has the most bells and whistles. Some stuff works great, yet most is just hype to keep you buying new machines. I still own an explorer II, an XLT, and a CZ7 because I dont think that much has progressed since these machines were introduced AND I know the secret........Learn to do research and how to talk to people to convince them the they need to let you take hunt their property :icon_thumright:. I've often thought about buying a Pioneer 505 and using it for a year, just to prove the point. You dont have to spend a fortune to find good stuff. Know your machine, learn to knock on doors and look people in the eye....rejection, and reward, will come. No matter what machine you are swinging......... :headbang:

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Mike....first let me say thanks for being here, it's always nice to have the "company" represented in the forum. I made the comment about "manufacturer driven" and I admit that may have been off base due to that fact that I don't have any facts to back up the statement. But, when I talked to a couple Fisher dealers recently and they told me that FTP has stopped production of the LTD (and yes, I understand that it was released as a "limited" edition) I tend to believe there is more the manufacturer could do to meet demand for it's product.

Also, I will agree with your statement that we may tend to be "brand loyal" and not see the benefits of another machine. I have only been in this game about 4 years and until last year I had one brand in my hands all the time and thought (or was taught) that it was the only way to go. Early last year I found a deal on E-bay on another brand and thought I'd give it a try, I was pleasantly surprised. I bought that machine mainly to try another brand and get a 2½ pound detector that I could start my granddaughter out with but have since discovered that my early "tunnel vision" was not necessary. My detecting buddies show extreme brand loyalty as well, one going so far as to sit at home for 4 weeks while his was being factory serviced instead of taking the offers from many friends to borrow a machine.

As you already figured out, Fisher has not been my "brand" yet. My interest in this forum was sparked at the GPAA Gold show in Carlisle, PA earlier this year when I was introduced to the F75 LTD and I will own one in the near future, one way or another. I prefer to buy new when funding permits but if necessary I will go used. Speaking of used, what is the transfer ability of the warranty on FTP?

Thanks again for your input.

Dave

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
M Scott @ FTP said:
GibH
My intention was not to insult you and what you use and works for you. My point is that the latest offerings from FTP are superior in performance under most circumstances applications and conditions than anything manufactured by anyone else past or present. Tesoro and others have made many wonderful products over the years and Tesoros warranty cant be beat. I still have an Inca with LT warranty but I know it does nothing better than what I currently use.

Sorry if I offended you or anyone else.

Mike

I've only been at this hobby for about a year. I haven't found my perfect arsenal yet or developed any brand loyalty. I think if you look closer, most people just starting do a lot of research before spending hundreds of dollars on their first upgrade detectors. Like a lot of others I caught the detecting bug using your products. I've had 3 of them and still keep a Lonestar in the back of my Blazer for impromptu hunts.

Don't worry about offending me, I'm just an ornery old fart that types sometimes before I think things over. I'm sure the T2 and F75 are every bit as good as everyone says they are, but just don't suit my needs. I stick mostly to the beaches and water around here, so I will probably try a CZ-21 soon though.

M Scott @ FTP

Mar 18, 2009
DKinPA said:
Mike....first let me say thanks for being here, it's always nice to have the "company" represented in the forum. I made the comment about "manufacturer driven" and I admit that may have been off base due to that fact that I don't have any facts to back up the statement. But, when I talked to a couple Fisher dealers recently and they told me that FTP has stopped production of the LTD (and yes, I understand that it was released as a "limited" edition) I tend to believe there is more the manufacturer could do to meet demand for it's product.

Also, I will agree with your statement that we may tend to be "brand loyal" and not see the benefits of another machine. I have only been in this game about 4 years and until last year I had one brand in my hands all the time and thought (or was taught) that it was the only way to go. Early last year I found a deal on E-bay on another brand and thought I'd give it a try, I was pleasantly surprised. I bought that machine mainly to try another brand and get a 2½ pound detector that I could start my granddaughter out with but have since discovered that my early "tunnel vision" was not necessary. My detecting buddies show extreme brand loyalty as well, one going so far as to sit at home for 4 weeks while his was being factory serviced instead of taking the offers from many friends to borrow a machine.

As you already figured out, Fisher has not been my "brand" yet. My interest in this forum was sparked at the GPAA Gold show in Carlisle, PA earlier this year when I was introduced to the F75 LTD and I will own one in the near future, one way or another. I prefer to buy new when funding permits but if necessary I will go used. Speaking of used, what is the transfer ability of the warranty on FTP?

Thanks again for your input.

Dave
Thanks Dave,

The LTD was "limited" becasue it was a holiday special and we only had so many made for the special-we underestimated the demand.....
That was my buddy "Little" John at the GPAA in PA-great guy and he knows his stuff and is one of the best hunters I know!
The 5 year warranty is non transferable but at 5 years the best warranty of all major manufactuers.

Thanks,

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread