553D Fisher VLF Operating Instructions

goldprospector7

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2008
Eastern Oregon
Detector(s) used
I have an old whites eagle II works really well still.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got this machine at a yardsale and it seems to work good, as far as sweeping rings underneath it. I havent got to try it out at the local parks yet, but tomorrow I think I will take it out. I somewhat familar with working these old metal detectors, but it always helps to tune them the right way to get the best performance. This machine has two tuning knobs, different then what I have seen before on other metal detectors. Sound doesnt come out of the speakers but the headphone jack works good. Hope to hear from someone on hear about getting this thing in tip top tune. I would really appreciate it. Thanks. Johnny in Ontario, Oregon

Streak!

Mar 4, 2009
does it look like this???

553.jpg

OP
OP
G

goldprospector7

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2008
Eastern Oregon
Detector(s) used
I have an old whites eagle II works really well still.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes my detector looks just like it, except mine is missing the plastic cover to the indicator, and also the flip switch on the end of the handle. Seems to be a good machine though.

Shooterman

Oct 21, 2009
West Milford NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher 555-D, 1265X, 1270, Tesoro (ORG) Silver Sabre
It’s a great machine, have the 555-d for like 20 something years, still use ,mostly in freshwater beaches, find little gold ring others miss. Any help you need drop me a line. Have the manual if you need it, its for the 555-d but the series is all the same. 555-d has a few more things to it. Reverse Discrim. Works awesome on those detectors.

Shooter

[email protected]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions