Has anyone tried the SEF coils available for the F75/T2

Streak!

Mar 4, 2009
I have one for my F75/F75 LTD....

I'm not particularly thrilled with it. Its heavy, flops around in the shaft, and in my opinion doesnt perform any better (if as good) as the stock 11" DD. The only advantage "may" be increased surface coverage.....and it "may" be better for larger deep items. For overall detecting on average targets, the stock coil is better. Tests with the SEF in my test bed were pretty dissapointing. Results may vary in different soils.

OP
OP
dirtyJohn

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I have one for my F75/F75 LTD....

Streak! said:
I'm not particularly thrilled with it. Its heavy, flops around in the shaft, and in my opinion doesnt perform any better (if as good) as the stock 11" DD. The only advantage "may" be increased surface coverage.....and it "may" be better for larger deep items. For overall detecting on average targets, the stock coil is better. Tests with the SEF in my test bed were pretty dissapointing. Results may vary in different soils.
After a little more digging, I see you're not alone in that opinion. I think I'll get the 5" DD from First Texas for now. I can make use of that coil. The Minelab guys do seem to get a benefit with the SEF coils. I'll have to wait and see before I dish out that much cash for a potential dud. Thanks for your reply.
HH
John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions