F70 Continues to impress....

dadoftwogirls

Mar 15, 2010
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Fischer F70
I have had the Fisher F70 out 5 times now. In all those outings so far, I have done nothing but a ground grab and left the factory presets. In those five outings, 3 have been on the beach, and two have have been at a tot lot. So far my booty has been, one 14k gold mans nugget ring, 1 silver religious medallion, a jeweled belly button ring that I haven't evaluated yet, and almost $22 in coins. The thing right now that is somewhat amazing me is that I am find almost 3 to 1 dimes vs. any other coins. Mine seems to love the dimes. I have also been surprised by the number of nickels as my prior machine sucked at them. Either others simply aren't bothering to dig anything less than a quarter of I have a Fisher dime hound.

I am still learning the mood of this machine. I can say that I am starting to recognize the "good" signals and numbers from the junk. My hit ratio should start to go up dramatically. I plan to hit the beach early a.m. before the spring breakers recover from their hangovers and make it back to the beaches. I am hoping for a little "gold". My only problem is that it is very easy to get distracted with treasures of another kind but I am working hard to keep my eyes only on the mounds of sand...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dadoftwogirls said:
My only problem is that it is very easy to get distracted with treasures of another kind but I am working hard to keep my eyes only on the mounds of sand...

Headphones. Let your eyes wander but keep your ears on the job. :D

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Charlie P. (NY) said:
dadoftwogirls said:
My only problem is that it is very easy to get distracted with treasures of another kind but I am working hard to keep my eyes only on the mounds of sand...

Headphones. Let your eyes wander but keep your ears on the job. :D

Now thats damn good advice! :icon_thumleft:

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dadoftwogirls said:
I have had the Fisher F70 out 5 times now. In all those outings so far, I have done nothing but a ground grab and left the factory presets. In those five outings, 3 have been on the beach, and two have have been at a tot lot. So far my booty has been, one 14k gold mans nugget ring, 1 silver religious medallion, a jeweled belly button ring that I haven't evaluated yet, and almost $22 in coins. The thing right now that is somewhat amazing me is that I am find almost 3 to 1 dimes vs. any other coins. Mine seems to love the dimes. I have also been surprised by the number of nickels as my prior machine sucked at them. Either others simply aren't bothering to dig anything less than a quarter of I have a Fisher dime hound.
Perhaps it is more the location than the detector?

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i agree on dahuts statement!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions