New to the sight, orderd the fishers 75 today, " did I make a good choice?"

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
Re: New to the sight, orderd the fishers 75 today, " did I make a good choice?"

Welcome to TNet!! You will no doubt have to provide a little more info before the tips come in...LOL!! Did you get the original F75 or the LTD or the new SE? Makes a difference in what modes you have available and the tips we can offer. In any case you made a good choice, I'm sure.
Are you a coin hunter, relic hunter, beach hunter? Will you be hunting parks or woods? What area of the country will you be hunting in?

All these things will help the pros on this site help you progress!!

Good luck!

Dave

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

Welcom to Tnet.......... BUT.......That's the trouble with Fisher ............ You got a F75 but what F75 did you get ?... What the hell i got a F75 .... Is not a F75 a F75.......... No they are not all the same there is F75.then there is F75A then F75 b......... The same with the Fisher new Gold Bug there are 3 different ones of them.......... To me that is a pain in the A$$........................ If you buy a Garrett GTI 2500 you got a Garrett GTI 2500........ If you buy a Whites DFX you got a Whites DFX..........If you buy a Minelab Safari you got a Minelab Safari ................... But not Fisher no they have to be a pain in the A$$........

OP
OP
E

earthlistener

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2011

DKinPA said:
Welcome to TNet!! You will no doubt have to provide a little more info before the tips come in...LOL!! Did you get the original F75 or the LTD or the new SE? Makes a difference in what modes you have available and the tips we can offer. In any case you made a good choice, I'm sure.
Are you a coin hunter, relic hunter, beach hunter? Will you be hunting parks or woods? What area of the country will you be hunting in?

All these things will help the pros on this site help you progress!!

Good luck!

Dave
Thanks for the welcome and the reply!
I got the original F75 with the 11 in. DD coil, I didnt know their was a SE but I almost got the LTD, it was only a couple hundred more. I purchased it from Kellyco at $ 1,049.00 and it came with a pinpointer and several other excessorys. Im in Tell city, Indiana. USA. I hunt coins,relics and bottles if I run across them. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
E

earthlistener

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2011

Keppy said:
Welcom to Tnet.......... BUT.......That's the trouble with Fisher ............ You got a F75 but what F75 did you get ?... What the hell i got a F75 .... Is not a F75 a F75.......... No they are not all the same there is F75.then there is F75A then F75 b......... The same with the Fisher new Gold Bug there are 3 different ones of them.......... To me that is a pain in the A$$........................ If you buy a Garrett GTI 2500 you got a Garrett GTI 2500........ If you buy a Whites DFX you got a Whites DFX..........If you buy a Minelab Safari you got a Minelab Safari ................... But not Fisher no they have to be a pain in the A$$........
L.O.L...... :dontknow:

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer

Keppy said:
Why would anyone want a plain black detector when they could have one in camo? :laughing7: :laughing9: :dontknow:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

AUDuke said:
Keppy said:
Why would anyone want a plain black detector when they could have one in camo? :laughing7: :laughing9: :dontknow:
Yes but if it was in camo. you could not see it so how could you find it to use it ?? :glasses12: :o

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other

I want mine in a torrid red with wisps of tormented memories and dashes of glorious finds air-brushed onto the coil and housing.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

gleaner1 said:
I want mine in a torrid red with wisps of tormented memories and dashes of glorious finds air-brushed onto the coil and housing.
Now that sounds like something i would like also.. :icon_thumright:

Attachments

• redbaron.jpg
    redbaron.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 289

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other

All kidding aside the F75 should be considered a bit more than a good choice, assuming the normal relic and coinshooting tasks at hand. Although, in my opinion, it offers a tough learning curve, camo or otherwise.

gmanlight

Jun 17, 2007
MA NH seacoast
Detector(s) used
what ever works

Keppy the F75 thing is not that big of a deal to me.
If looking at new cars you will see GL/GS /GLS and more
all the same car just different options.
A little homework solves that's.

As for the new F75 start with factory settings and don't try to overpower it .
Running the Disc below 6 or above 20 will put detector in a hi gain mode ,more sensitive.

hammong

Aug 29, 2009

gmanlight said:
As for the new F75 start with factory settings and don't try to overpower it .
Running the Disc below 6 or above 20 will put detector in a hi gain mode ,more sensitive.

I just picked up a new F75 SE, and I'm looking forward to some good hunting here in a few weeks when the ground starts to thaw. I already have a early Whites V3 (need to send it in for the V3i upgrade), and I was looking for something a little "different" to work with in sites that give my V3 some issues with EMI.

From the reviews and personal first hand comments I've read from other F75 users (original, LTD, or SE) - everything has been positive. Of course, people compare and contrast the nuances of the different brands and models, but for me the F75 SE was lightweight, priced right, and had a solid reputation - those are good starting points.

Good luck! Let us know how it works for you!

Greg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread