Relic Hunting

Cleetus

Oct 24, 2011
Salt Lake City, Ut.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What's the difference between the CZ 6 and CZa ? I AM LOOKING AT CZ6 in the CLASSIFIEDS ADD HERE AND i CAN GET ONE FOR UNDER $200. Think I should hop on it? is it more of a coin shooter or a good all metal for deep targets? How does it do in the iron or pull tab areas?

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cleetus
yes jump on it
CZ6 is the org. CZ6 has a pig tail on coil connector and other Cz coils won`t fit on it, but it a great detector deep and acuret.
All the other CZs 6a 5 7a ect. use the same coils more selections .
All CZs hunt deep and people all over are tryin to get their hands on them,IMO they are the best machines out there so by allmeans get it fast you won`t be sorry!!!
Thanks gary G.A.P.metal

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you check on the British E-Bay you will see there's always several CZ's for sale and if you want a new CZ-3D there's a couple of U.S. dealers who are always trying to sell them to this side of the pond so how can there be people in the U.S. searching for them ?

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife just informed me this morning that my 2 youngest boys were rough-housing yesterday and damaged my F-75LTD. I have had it a little less than a year. The control head that contains the screen has been bent to the right of the handle, broke on one side where the head connects to the handle. It still works, just that the control box is tilted. Today is Saturday so I will have to wait until Monday to call Fisher....is this something that they will be able to fix without costing me a fortune? Any opinions? I am at work at the fire station today and tomorrow, so I can't read the warranty info or view my receipt from when I originally bought it, but I do think that it was less than a year ago. Thanks for any opinions....my baby has been damaged and the suspense is killing me on if I will be able to get this fixed. Thanks

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
You may be able to repair it yourself, but not without knowing if the metal surrounding the item is bent, or if it is just a matter of a connector or connection where the two meet having been pulled loose. If it appears that you may be able to gently turn a machine screw into it without disturbing the electronics then you may be able to gently twist the housing enough to straighten it out. Otherwise, FT may have to look at it. Don't take chances though, especially if it is still under any kind of warranty - because that might make you very, VERY sorry.

LL

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
send it to tesoro there the same company

frogbottom

Tenderfoot
Oct 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought my second and last product from fisher. seems every time I get something from them it is not long before it goes hay-ware. the last was a gold bug pro had about three hours on it. before it went wacko. I tried 3 times to call them to send it in a week ago they have not bothered to call me back. I took it back to the dealer he could not get through either. Who the h needs this kind of service. I would advise against bying anything from them as it seems once they get the money who cares.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I bought my second and last product from fisher. seems every time I get something from them it is not long before it goes hay-ware. the last was a gold bug pro had about three hours on it. before it went wacko. I tried 3 times to call them to send it in a week ago they have not bothered to call me back. I took it back to the dealer he could not get through either. Who the h needs this kind of service. I would advise against bying anything from them as it seems once they get the money who cares.

I've had several Fisher products, and always had the best of service from them.

In the case of a machine with only 3 hrs. on it, I have no doubt that the dealer I buy from
would have immediately replaced it, and sent it back to Fisher as a DOA machine. In your case
with one that new, I wouldn't even call Fisher but march it right back to the dealer, instead.
It's also his/her reputation on the line here, and let them make it right.

There's an absolute boom going on in the detector biz right now, and no doubt every
manufacturer is going full-tilt trying to keep up with the demand. Unfortunately, when
people rush, mistakes happen to all the companies, and product quality can be affected
if they don't maintain their QC standards and customer service.

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had my CZ5 since 1995 and it still works like the day it was purchased! No problems with it, except had to replace the coil cover so it gets alot of use! Guess they don't make machines like they use to!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought a used F75LTD SE last fall. Sent it in for the upgrade and I swear they simply sent me a new machine. I had a great experience with Fisher, just saying.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have a fisher f2 that's shutting itself off over and over. Called several times and have left voice mails and still no luck yet.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
A question here.....

I have a Fisher 1260X I purchased new from Kellyco in '84 or '85 - I think I still have the original receipt.

It still works great, but it sure is old and floppy now. I can change the coil to shaft bolting myself, but would love to have Fisher take a look and go through it "renovating".

Does Fisher do that kind of stuff?

Anyone here recommend an e-mail address I can use to query them?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just call them and ask. Phone number in original post is still good.

miserman

Oct 25, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75LTD F-pulse and Tek-Point pinpointers Sunray Pro gold headphones
New address is: 1120 Alza Drive El Paso, TX 79907 Phone: 1-800-685-5050

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread