Fisher Gold Bug Pro and silver

Valgold

May 26, 2011
I'm considering getting a Fisher Gold Bug Pro probably with the 11" coil. I'm getting conflicting information about how well it will find silver coins. I'm looking for a multi purpose machine. The Fisher is my max price and I want an easy to use detector. I'll be gold nugget shooting only about 3 times a year. The rest of the time I'll be coin shooting, jewelry and relic hunting here in western Washington- with a fair amount of time on salt water beaches. Don't plan on immersing the whole detector. I was also thinking about the new Garrett AT Pro, but not sure of its small gold prospecting ability. Any thoughts? Many thanks for your time!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Val check out the videos for the Fisher gold bug pro and G2 (same machine different shaft) on my video section. The machines hit silver amazing on trashy areas other machines cant hear.

Metal detecting videos

Make sure you look at the Gold Bug Pro model. The gold bug and gold bug II don't hit silver well. Dave J. put "secret sauce" in the Pro model to make them hit silver well.

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also found a 1.2 troy oz .925 necklace..

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 598

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
cosmic said:
Also found a 1.2 troy oz .925 necklace..
Was that found with a Fisher Gold Bug Pro or a Tek g2. ?? For i see you do not have one only a etrac............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread