New Purchase being considered

Helioboy

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2006
Hamilton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-6a,Garrett Sea Hunter, Fisher 1280x, Tesoro Umax, Minelab X Terra 30 and Fisher F2, Fisher ID Edge.
I am trying to draw a comparison between the Whites M6 and the Fisher 1236-X2. I like Whites machines, but for the difference in the purchase price the 1236-x2 is more reasonable? I live near the seashore and want to do beach hunting. The M6 claims to be capable of the wet black sand as is the 1236-X2. Any feed back on helping me with my decision process would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scruffytig

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
The 1236-x2 is a proven performer, however the M6 as expected offers more features. It appears that the M6 is not going to be that popular as White's originally hoped. Unfortunately, the M6 was introduced the same time Minelab's new Terra models were introduced and these proved to be more popular. I think a lot of White's fans are waiting for a replacement for the DFX before forking out major bucks.

Best you try them out at a dealer

HH
George

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
I have not tried either machine but from the experience recently with the Fisher coinstrike and Whites DFX I would recommend the Whites machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions