Fisher TW 6 VS Gemni 3, is the tw 6 a cache detector

silverspur

Greenie
Oct 22, 2010
Bradley County, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac Sunray X-1, Tesoro Silver U Max, Bandido 2
I made the mistake of purchasing a tw 6, I was told it was a gemni 3. I get there to pick it up, it looks nice works great, Im in a hurry I pay and go. When I get home I realize he just sold me a Fisher TW 6, I was told it was a gemni. So the question is this can I use this as a cache treasure locater. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Same circuit. TW6 is sold to the utility locating market, and so has a conductive tracing output jack. Gemini is sold to the consumer market, no output jack because of the safety issues involved in conductive tracing, comes standard with the handle for cache locating. The TW6, I don't remember whether it comes standard with the handle or if it's an accessory.

If you've got the handle, then what you've got is a Gemini by another name, plus conductive tracing capability which you are probably best off not messing with.

--Dave J.

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fisher TW-6 i better that a Gemini 3 but there is a lot ti know the difference, but just not to get you confused use your TW-6 on normal mode instead of high and u have a Gemini-3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread