Fisher 1266x & lovin it

SkiWhiz

Aug 6, 2006
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Euro Sabre
Fisher 1266x & lovin it

Today was the first time I got a chance to try out my new to me 1266x, it was drizzling rain so I only detected around 20 minutes (forgot to bring a plastic bag). I found a number of coins and at good depths. I put on the 5" coil and the first beep I got turned out to be a ring with the stone missing, cheap ring but a ring is a ring. I was amazed how close I could get to the fence with the little coil. I really like the 2 disc. setup and especially like the pinpoint toggle switch. The 1266 is a turn on easy to use detector but will take some time to learn it well. Little noisier than what I am used to when sensitivity is cranked but that is where the depth comes from. There is only one thing I don't like about the 1266 and it is a huge fault on Fisher's part, the problem is that I like the 1266 so well that I don't want to get rid of it & you's that know me know that I trade detectors more often than some people change their underwear. Shame on you Fisher for making such a nice detector, whats the UPS guy and our mailman going to think with me not getting a detector box every week or so . Steve.

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Fisher 1266x & lovin it

this is the model i was hoping to get got a 1260 very similar face plate

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Fisher 1266x & lovin it

I understand your pain and I enjoy having the same affliction.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread