Are 1266 x coils compatible with F75

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The plug that fits into the control housing is now different than the old machines. Even if it was compatible it would not plug in.

OP
OP
L

LaTxHunter

Aug 21, 2011
Thanks guys. I don't have to dig through the storage room to find them now.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if all the pins match up in the plugs, the coil must be tuned to the detector.

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how would u tune a coil to a detector is it in the windings. I thought it was just a transmit and receiver setup but admittedly my knowledge of electronics is very limited

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
metal mania said:
how would u tune a coil to a detector is it in the windings. I thought it was just a transmit and receiver setup but admittedly my knowledge of electronics is very limited

A lot of very valid math goes into what coils work with what machines. Windings, the number of "turns" and the guage of the windings, the relationship between Tx and Rx windings, etc. all determine what the optimal frequency range is for a given coil. Machines are frequency dependent and frequencies vary widely depending on what the machine's intended application is.

So a machine running at a given frequency range will use a coil that is manufactured to operate at that frequency range.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread