Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us

Dec 2011
    Idaho
    1 times
    coin roll hunting

Is the Fisher F2 metal detector any good?

HY I'm coin roll hunter and I was thinking of getting into metal detecting
    And I was wondering if the F2 was any good cause I not really sure how to start
    and I don't got 100's of dollars to shell out
    also some hunting sites in Middleton or Caldwell Idaho
    Wheaties= 23
    buffalo's=0
    mercury=0
    Indian=0
    pre 60 nickels= 15
    40% halfs=2
    90% halfs=0

Charter Member
    us
    Big Boys Hobbies

Jul 2005
    Moore Oklahoma
    Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
    388 times
    Metal Detecting

Re: Is the Fisher F2 metal detector any good?

Best entry level machine on the market!

Contact us for fastest and best service around!

We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Metal Detectors, Whites Metal Detectors, Garrett Metal Detectors, XP Deus, Fisher Metal Detectors, Teknetics Metal Detectors

Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012 and 2013.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2008
    Ohio
    13 times

I've owned one for several years and it's an excellent machine. It can go toe to toe with machines twice it's price.
    Clad Pays

us
    Dec 2005
    Sweet Home, Oregon
    Lots of them... I have no brand preferences at all..although I worked as a supervisor for a company that reproduced the circuitry for the world's largest detector mfg.
    161 times
    Innovations

It's the best detector on the market (with) a TID screen at or near $200. The Tesoro Silver uMax has a (tiny) bit more depth when coil sizes are equal and even goes 1/2" deeper with a monster coil as an accessory, but it doesn't have all the toys like the F2. The pair makes a good combo and the uMax can be modified to go even deeper. The F2 works a bit better on salt beaches, AND in your Idaho high-magnetite soil.

LL

Oct 2005
    XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
    135 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

F2 is always my choice in the lower end price bracket providing both performance and good general design (balance/accurate pinpointing/target resolution etc).

us
    Jul 2008
    Bellbrook, Ohio
    Fisher F70, Fisher F2, Tesoro Silver uMax, C&G Wildcat
    Metal Detecting

I used the F2 for a couple years before upgrading to the F70. Fast (very), lightweight, respectable depth, good TID, good battery life w/headphones.. I had the 8 and 10" concentric coils, and had a blast with it - now, I see they offer the 11"DD on the F2...hard to beat this machine for the price.
    HH, Stephen
    MDing near Bellbrook, Ohio
    Fisher F70 / ProPointer / Grey Ghost Ultimates

us
    Feb 2011

I think the F2 is one of the most under-rated units out there for the money. It has many features to grow into and yet is easy to use out of the box. Can't go wrong with this unit!

Nick & Heather
    www.nuggetvillesupplyco.com
    Call, PM or Email us with any questions or to place an order!

us
    Nov 2010
    NJ Pine Barrens
    E-Trac, T2
    1545 times
    Metal Detecting

Sent you a PM.
    "Internet quotes are often inaccurate."
    -Abraham Lincoln

us
    Feb 2011
    Gladstone, MI
    Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
    200 times
    Coinshooting

I think it's good for someone just starting out. Being an experienced detectorist I didn't care for it. It really is cheaply made and doesn't go very deep but I think it offers enough to get a beginner hooked for life.
    Why do they call it "Taking a dump" when you're actually leaving one?

us
    Nov 2010
    NJ Pine Barrens
    E-Trac, T2
    1545 times
    Metal Detecting

Quote Originally Posted by Coinstriking Michigan

I think it's good for someone just starting out. Being an experienced detectorist I didn't care for it. It really is cheaply made and doesn't go very deep but I think it offers enough to get a beginner hooked for life.
    True statement (although I don't agree about it being cheaply made). It is a very nice beginner's detector that offers a great "tease" of what is available. If I had to choose between the "beginner" machines out there, this would be my #1 choice. Since I do fields and woods hunting, this machine just doesn't go deep enough for what I need it to do and I "outgrew" this machine in only 1 month of use.
    "Internet quotes are often inaccurate."
    -Abraham Lincoln

us
    Mar 2012
    ohio
    bounty hunter
    Metal Detecting

ford--chevy---each one will tell you that thier machine is the best----what ever works for you!! in my driveway sits a ford ranger,chevy s10 and a caddy ---they all take me where i want to go!!
    the only man standing is the man in a wheelchair

us
    Oct 2011
    Fisher F-75,Teknetic 8000, At pro , At gold,Tesoro Sabre Compass X-80,fisher cd3z, goldbug2 , Garrett 250 ace 150 ,Fisher F-5,fisher 553,Teknetic 2000,fisher f4 Tesoro lobo,, silver Umax, ace 350
    9 times

The Fisher F-2 is a very good starter detector. No dought about it.
    It will hold its own , compared to anything in the price range. Take a look at the combo if you interested in the f-2.
    we sell the 2 coil combo & pinpointer at a 3 to 1 rate because it has the best deal..
    Cheap made?Theirs no way .Its not a $500.00 ,So you cant compare, but made as a entry level and very easy to operate.
    All manufactor has a entry level to keep the cost down for a beginner ,That way a beginner wont have to pay $500.00 for it when they dont know if they even like doing it .
    The very first time i went metal detecting i borrowed one from my brother. ,cause i could not afford one, it was a from Radio Shack,... the reciever was a 9v transitor radio (maybe this was a cheap detector who knows ) with about 6 inch coil. I found eight artillery shells in one hole, they were 3 ft deep . I ended up selling all of them and buying a Fisher 553.
    I think what im trying to say dont let the entry level fool you they are very good machines. You can always sell what you find to upgrade.

us
    Feb 2010
    MILLSBORO,DE
    FISHER 1280X ,FISHER F2,BOUNTY HUNTER IV , TESORO CUTLASS UMAX
    173 times

i went from a bounty hunter to the f2 like it alot but looking to get the 1280x my dad tried mine he bought one my uncle tried mine he bought one and two more freinds tried it they bought one out of all 5 i hear no complaints . i think after 5 fisher should cut me a break on the 1280x huh ... its lite just learn the sounds take your time it will produce for you

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors