Fisher F75 disc questions

dhearn

Jan 3, 2012
Sallisbury MD
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using my F75 for about a year now, and am very impressed. I have just starte using it with the disc turned up, and have noticed that this machine seems to loose no noticable depth. I was just wondering if amyone else has noticed this. I have been hunting a sight that has some really nice coins mixed in with very old relics. Also wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on a good setting to run the machine on in these conditions.

Jan 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Dhearn, I've had almost one full year relic hunting with my F75 LTD. It took me a while to get used to all the chatter, this is definitly not a quiet machine. Here are the setting that I default to and always get exceptional performance:

Sens: 87-90, any higher and you will miss targets from all the chatter, any lower and you lose depth

Disc: 5-6, I dig alot more iron targets that sound good at 3-4. Any higher and you will lose depth. If you are at an old house site where the house is no longer there you may want to run it on 3-4 so you can hear the nails to make sure you're in the right spot. Also use 3 if you are hunting Civil War Artillery shells.

Notch: 1, I never really use this function

Tone: 2, I find it easier to use only 2 tones, again due to the chatter

Process: Boost, I never find myself in a spot that I need to use anything else

Some guys I hunt with said when they first got theirs, they ran the disc on 15, but soon realized that they were missing targets, so now they set it at 5-6. Hope this helps!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread