Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Why is the CZ3D so expensive?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    ca
    Oct 2007
    Newfoundland
    Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1000, Fisher1266X,Tesoro Cibola
    130 times
    Metal Detecting

Why is the CZ3D so expensive?

I've been considering purchasing a CZ3D before they are no longer produced...That day may come soon. But if it is older analog technology why does it have a $800 price tag? I have even checked sites from the US as well and they list it at the same price. What gives?

LRL fraud debunked

Dec 2010
    ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
    BS detector
    228 times
    Underground detection
    CZ's have always been expensive to manufacture.

--Dave J.

ca
    Oct 2007
    Newfoundland
    Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1000, Fisher1266X,Tesoro Cibola
    130 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by woof! View Post
    CZ's have always been expensive to manufacture.

--Dave J.
    So what is the CZ any different from any other detector? They still use the same kind of ciruit boards etc as other the other brands.

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    8646 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    If your buying new, your going to pay the new price, check out what they sell for used.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; May 09, 2012 at 01:52 PM.

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

LRL fraud debunked

Dec 2010
    BS detector
    228 times
    Underground detection
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfiehunter View Post
    So what is the CZ any different from any other detector? They still use the same kind of ciruit boards etc as other the other brands.
    The Tek Delta is only about $300.

--Dave J.

ca
    Oct 2007
    Newfoundland
    130 times
    Metal Detecting
    What I'm saying is for a detector that has been on the market for close to 20 years being they only changed the name from CZ5 or 6 to the CZ 3D and if the "older technology" is obsolete then it shouldn't be really that expensive. I remember when they discontinued the CZ5, you could get it for about $500-$600. That was a few years ago, mind you. There is basically no difference between the CZ5 and CZ3D, so what justifies the price if the technology is that old.

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    8646 times
    I would venture to say Fisher sets the price based on what the buyer is willing to pay.. why are cars over 25k....? They must have enough people buying them at that price to justiy the price...........
    .....$
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; May 10, 2012 at 05:30 AM.

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

Charter Member
    us
    Chronic Patriot

Jul 2010
    Watkins Glen N.Y. Finger Lakes Region,Beaver Dams N.Y.
    Teknetics Omega,EuroTek Pro Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Toltec ll, ,Gray Ghost Ultimate's,Depth Master Super Phones II,Garrett Pro Pointer,Treasure Wise Diggers T10",T12" & T14" 28" Lesche Ground Shark
    1059 times
    Hi
    I started selling Fisher in the 90s and in 92/93/94 the Fisher CZ6-a sold for over 900.00 dollars and they sold very well
    Gary
    I`v been detecting for 45 years owned my own detector shop G.A.P. Metal Detectors here in N.Y.
    See my old adds in Western & Eastern Treasures and Lost Treasure Magazines through the 90s
    I hunt the Sullivan Trail here in N.Y.
    Its the Golden Rule who ever has the Gold Rules
    NEL Hunter Coil 12 1/2" X 8 1/2"
    NEL Sharpshooter Coil 9 1/2" X 5 1/2"
    NEL Sharp Coil 5"
    ReadyShovel Holster

ca
    Oct 2007
    Newfoundland
    130 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by G.A.P.metal View Post
    Hi
    I started selling Fisher in the 90s and in 92/93/94 the Fisher CZ6-a sold for over 900.00 dollars and they sold very well
    Gary
    Yes, but back then that was considered the new technology of the time and the CZ series was their Flagship detectors. The prices dropped after that. I spoke to a dealer recently and he told me that nobody buys the CZ 3D anymore and during a one year period he has only sold only sold 1 or 2 of them. He suspects the CZ3D will be discontinued soon. He also stated the Garrett AT Pro is so popular he can't keep them in stock...The 1270X is being discontinued. Fisher is probably making way for a new machine and want to focus on the F series, which unfortunately is probably inferior to the CZ series. Remember, how many analog detectors are on the market now with visual id? They are all digital which it seems like everyone nowadays want. Most would consider the CZ3D obsolete which is why sales are not high. Personally, I think Fisher should have improved the CZ series line rather than discontinue it.
    Last edited by Newfiehunter; May 09, 2012 at 03:50 PM.

Jun 2007
    1 times
    Older doesn't necessarily mean "cheaper"...You can get new Tube guitar Amplifiers these days and you pay a premium.Cheers.

LRL fraud debunked

Dec 2010
    BS detector
    228 times
    Underground detection
    Newfie, if you don't think a CZ is worth the price, don't buy it. This is real simple.

--Dave J.

us
    Jul 2010
    Central Florida
    A Propointer tied to a stick
    24 times
    Metal Detecting
    It may be older technology, but it works. As was stated above, some people are willing to pay the price tag. And that's what drives the value.

au
    Jul 2008
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by woof! View Post
    Newfie, if you don't think a CZ is worth the price, don't buy it. This is real simple.

--Dave J.
    How can one recommend a Fisher product, after purchasing a CZ-3D at full price + freight, assemble the unit and find it do NOT work.

ivanll

us
    Feb 2011
    Gladstone, MI
    Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
    200 times
    Coinshooting
    I don't think I've seen but 1 or 2 people that use the CZ-3D...I don't think it's a stellar seller.
    Why do they call it "Taking a dump" when you're actually leaving one?

us
    Feb 2011
    Gladstone, MI
    Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
    200 times
    Coinshooting
    I think it's sad to see the direction Fisher went....The Los Banos Fishers were great. What do you get now? Noisy, flimsy, plastic crap that look and feel like toys.
    Why do they call it "Taking a dump" when you're actually leaving one?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors