Broken DD Coil on F75 LTD? Need Help!

Coin Addict

Dec 8, 2011
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD , Fisher F5 , Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had the F75 LTD for almost a year now and love it and take really good care of it. but last week I took it out and it was bouncing everywhere , giving false signals , not able to pinpoint and kept overloading . so today I put on the small 5in coil and took it out and it worked fine , so does that mean the DD coil is broken? Thank you!

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sounds more like EMI. I'd give it another shot and be sure to keep your cell phone off if it isn't. Hopefully that will be the issue. At the very least it is "only" a coil and not the machine.

OP
OP
Coin Addict

Coin Addict

Dec 8, 2011
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD , Fisher F5 , Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you Ill try it again , I hope its just the coil

kilmer

Mar 30, 2005
Central Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3 , F75 LTD, CZ70 pro, Teknetics G2, Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One other unpleasant possibility for you. Have you gotten the coil super wet? Submerged it or rinsed it off in as stream, puddle or hose? Mine died after being submerged in a stream. Unless it is a really new one I think the coils leak. My new coil came back from Fisher with a bead of sealer around the small heel of the coil. If you have gotten it wet, you may as well bite the bullet and send it in for repair. Let us know how this turns out.

Don
HH

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don is right about the water getting in the coil. But most likely it was stray EMI from somewhere or at that time of day.

Bigggrick

Feb 26, 2011
The coils are listed as waterproof, but I had two of the 11" ddcoils go bad as soon as they touched the salt water at the beach. Fisher replaced both under the lifetime warranty. They were great about it, they even overnighted one to me on my vacation. Great service, but the early production of the coil was noy sealed well

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread