Just got a legend today...
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Bart@Big Boys Hobbies
  • 2 Post By Keppy
  • 1 Post By Joe(TX)

Thread: Just got a legend today...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Aug 2012
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Just got a legend today...

Made a deal for an ancient 1265x with 8 and 11 inch coils. I need some solid tips. This isn't my first detector but only my second fisher. (other was cz-70) My main focus is gold and coins. Pretty much a dig anything above 3, 3and a half kinda guy. Any help greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

Aug 2012

Gold Bar

I needed to be reminded the best way to learn a detector is by using itů thanks for the silence Tnet.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe
    8751 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I am sorry that no one replied. I do not use a Fisher. I would go to todays finds section and look for other Fisher users and maybe ask them some questions. Wish I could help and welcome to tnet. The members are really great.
    HH
    TnMtns

us
    Big Boys Hobbies

Jul 2005
    Moore Oklahoma
    Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
    694 times
    Metal Detecting
    Problem is that is an older detector. many of the newer guys have never used or seen one. Hard to get tips on the older ones.

Great snag on the machine BTW...
    Garrett424 likes this.

Contact us for fastest and best service around!

We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Metal Detectors, Whites Metal Detectors, Garrett Metal Detectors, XP Deus, Fisher Metal Detectors, Teknetics Metal Detectors

Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012 and 2013.

Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
    2725 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET
    Bart is right about that the detector is older and a lot on here never heard about the 1265..........But it being older it is a very good detector .... It has that duel disc. on it.. You really don't need help on it ..... It is easy to use and set up.... and is better than haveing that dam screen ............ to me the fisher 1265x ..... and the Garrett coin commander freedom 2 were about the same...... But the 1265 switch you used to change the disc was a lot easy to use than the Garretts............ You don't need help with that detector it is easy to use..........When i got my freedom 2 i read the manual and was finding things ..... And it was my first detector ....... Now with these treasure fourms every one needs help .... When i started we found things by just reading the manual ...... It is a great detector and easy to use you don't need help with it.......... Every one makes things so complicated now a days ... WHY ... I don't know could be to feel important..........
    ".. Let no one know what , when , or where ..'

us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
    3979 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BrockSamson View Post
    I needed to be reminded the best way to learn a detector is by using it… thanks for the silence Tnet.
    I've used the 1265-X and about most of the other Fisher's. I didn't see your post earlier since I don't always have access to a computer.
    Fisher's 1265-x | Lost Treasure Online - Official Website of Lost Treasure Magazine
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

us
    Capt Hawk

Aug 2008
    Georgia
    Old School
    34 times
    Relic Hunting
    Trust Sandman he knows metal detectors!!...Joe

us
    Capt Hawk

Aug 2008
    Georgia
    Old School
    34 times
    Relic Hunting
    Sorry I never had a 1265X...was always told that it was the calmer brother of the psycho (that is meant in a good way!!) 1266X.....not sure about the 1265 but know that the 1266 goes very deeply.....Joe

us
    Mar 2009
    West edge of the U.S.
    WW2 mine detector, D-Tex Standard, D-Tex Deluxe, A.H. Pro Discriminator, various Whites, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher 1270, Fisher F75, Fisher Gold Bug,Tesoro Sand Shark. And maybe others that I forgot?
    98 times
    A great machine. My go-to machine from 1990 to 2000. I still own it, though I lent it to one of my brothers to use as long as he wants, and it has not come back, yet. Very rugged, reliable, and goes deep. You got a nice machine.

us
    supertraq previously waynebo yrs ago

May 2014
    earth
    Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Tesoro compadre,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,,Tesoro Golden Sabre ii,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Tek omega 8000,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er
    128 times
    Metal Detecting
    Had a 1266x and liked it,could have been great if they added a grounb balance knob
    To the woman out there that's got my rib,I want it back!
    Living on a big a$$ astroid.

us
    Capt Hawk

Aug 2008
    Georgia
    Old School
    34 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe(TX) View Post
    Sorry I never had a 1265X...was always told that it was the calmer brother of the psycho (that is meant in a good way!!) 1266X.....not sure about the 1265 but know that the 1266 goes very deeply.....Joe
    ...Been reading a lot of posts concerning the 1266X and the 1265X....some reports says that the 1265X actually goes deeper than the 1266X.....I never had a 1265X so can not comment on it.....but have had a 1266X since late last year and it is definitely is a coin and relic beast....so if your 1265X goes deeper!!??....All I can say that it would be a Keeper in my book .....and "WOW."

Sponsored Links