All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
B

BrockSamson

Aug 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I needed to be reminded the best way to learn a detector is by using it… thanks for the silence Tnet.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sorry that no one replied. I do not use a Fisher. I would go to todays finds section and look for other Fisher users and maybe ask them some questions. Wish I could help and welcome to tnet. The members are really great.
HH
TnMtns

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Problem is that is an older detector. many of the newer guys have never used or seen one. Hard to get tips on the older ones.

Great snag on the machine BTW...

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Bart is right about that the detector is older and a lot on here never heard about the 1265..........But it being older it is a very good detector .... It has that duel disc. on it.. You really don't need help on it ..... It is easy to use and set up.... and is better than haveing that dam screen ............ to me the fisher 1265x ..... and the Garrett coin commander freedom 2 were about the same...... But the 1265 switch you used to change the disc was a lot easy to use than the Garretts............ You don't need help with that detector it is easy to use..........When i got my freedom 2 i read the manual and was finding things ..... And it was my first detector ....... Now with these treasure fourms every one needs help .... When i started we found things by just reading the manual ...... It is a great detector and easy to use you don't need help with it.......... Every one makes things so complicated now a days ... WHY ... I don't know could be to feel important..........

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry I never had a 1265X...was always told that it was the calmer brother of the psycho (that is meant in a good way!!) 1266X.....not sure about the 1265 but know that the 1266 goes very deeply.....Joe

geologyjohn

Mar 18, 2009
West edge of the U.S.
Detector(s) used
WW2 mine detector, D-Tex Standard, D-Tex Deluxe, A.H. Pro Discriminator, various Whites, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher 1270, Fisher F75, Fisher Gold Bug,Tesoro Sand Shark. And maybe others that I forgot?
A great machine. My go-to machine from 1990 to 2000. I still own it, though I lent it to one of my brothers to use as long as he wants, and it has not come back, yet. Very rugged, reliable, and goes deep. You got a nice machine.

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had a 1266x and liked it,could have been great if they added a grounb balance knob

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry I never had a 1265X...was always told that it was the calmer brother of the psycho (that is meant in a good way!!) 1266X.....not sure about the 1265 but know that the 1266 goes very deeply.....Joe
...Been reading a lot of posts concerning the 1266X and the 1265X....some reports says that the 1265X actually goes deeper than the 1266X.....I never had a 1265X so can not comment on it.....but have had a 1266X since late last year and it is definitely is a coin and relic beast....so if your 1265X goes deeper!!??....All I can say that it would be a Keeper in my book .....and "WOW."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread